Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to attribute all posts of a deleted user to another ?

ArachnosArachnos La Garenne Colombes

Hi everyone,
I have imported an old " homemade " forum in Vanilla and I have to delete some users that don't work anymore for my company.

So, I need to re-attribute all posts of these users to another user (me).

Is there a functionnality to do that like Wordpress can do (see attached picture) ?

It would be very helpful !!

Thanks

Arachnos

Comments

• This is something you could do as a plugin. or just an sql query.

grep is your friend.

• ArachnosArachnos La Garenne Colombes

Ok, but it will be easier if a plugin already exists :'(

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited February 2015
    UPDATE GDN_Discussion SET `InsertUserID` = {YOUR_ID} WHERE `InsertUserID` = {HIS_ID};

I could write a plugin wrapper around this, but a) I am lazy and b) how often is this done in a forum context?

I could see integrating something like this into the Articles application though @Shadowdare.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• ArachnosArachnos La Garenne Colombes

You're right : this is a non frequently used functionnality.

Thanks for the SQL query, but It seems better to execute the same query on the old forum database, so my Vanilla "custom" Porter will reimport it correctly.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Arachnos said:
    You're right : this is a non frequently used functionnality.

Thanks for the SQL query, but It seems better to execute the same query on the old forum database, so my Vanilla "custom" Porter will reimport it correctly.

Sounds good, good luck! :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.