Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to Make All My Vanilla Forum External Link to Be rel="nofollow" To Protect My SEO Rank

Please any one tell me how to make all my vanilla forum external link to be rel="nofollow" to protect my seo rank ...
Any one tell me .!! Is there is any plugin or some thing else to do this activity ?

Comments

• x00x00 MVP
    edited March 2015

if you mean posts that is already the case, by default. What formatter are you using? HTML, Markdown, BBCode?

grep is your friend.

• That was great ... anyway thanks for the replay

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Hy trainerplus,

Doing generals like that is not smart SEO-wise. Better to go through all your links all 3 months with a database search and rework them manually. Links to good content also push your forum discussions. SPAM-links should be removed and users also. Train your community or moderators to flag linkposters wether bots or humans.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Mr.phreak am a blogger , I have 4 years of blogging experience also i familiarized with SEO strategies , The only one problem happen when i am using Vanilla forums was , All other opensource forums like Mybb have lot of plugins available to maintain SEO . They have a special kit for generating Sitemap , URL Structure , Robot.Txt , Etc . But in Vanilla i can found only a single plugin for generating Sitemap . The problem with the sitemap was , It generates only the category url's . If there is any solution with Vanilla then , Vanilla become the No.1 Forum than the V bulletin and Board .

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I've heard it said that no 2 SEO experts will advice you the same... :mrgreen:

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@trainerplus: Do you have a link to your site. if you like you can also send it to me as PM. I'd like to check what i can find SEO wise for you. Usually there is many other things that have more weight than rel="nofollow". Vanilla is very good regarding SEO by default, although on-page optimization is still on yours. Make a good UI and user-flow and you are on top.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • @phreak my forum url address is forum.howi.in , I added my forum to Google Webmaster Tool 3days ago . But any of my forum post's not appeared on Google Search Engine . But instead all my blog post's are appearing on Google Search Engine with in 5 or 6 hours after it created ... This mean some thing problem with SEO Sitemap of Vanilla .

• when did you submit you blog? I'm guessing more than three days.

grep is your friend.

• Ok good people with regards to SEO, Vanilla beat me hands down. Recently in South Africa a popular TV show presenter died in a car accident. I wrote up some good article about him on my vanilla website http://uphondo.com and it ranked first on top of google and it still does. Now that guy is called Simba Mhere. The TV show is called top billing and of course the media coverage he got was awesome. My pagerank is definitely 0, so I owe it to vanilla seo to be found there. I was competing with News websites and the like with pagerank 5-9. Vanilla SEO is inbuilt.

• @x00 yes ... I got two errors after adding the sitemap to Google Webmaster Tools .

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

@ValentineMasina thanks for sharing this :)

• @Adrian Thats heppen because he shared the post link some where else

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

@trainerplus yes, but the SEO in Vanilla is very good. I have numerous examples of people who have had similar results, so it's always nice when they share :)

• @Adrian please tell me your website forum address that created with vanilla ... I want to check weather it's getting lot of traffic from seo or not .!!

• Adrian Thats heppen because he shared the post link some where else

Content is the most important part of SEO, if you are relevant to people's needs. There are no free rides.

Google would ultimately like put SEO expert out of business. People care about content. They don't like sites that only please search engines.

grep is your friend.