Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

YAGA Permissions issue?

I'm having an odd issue with roles and permissions. I'm rolling out YAGA in my forum and it works great for ME so far. IT seems as though, but I'm admin. It seems as though members can't see options to leave reactions to comments at all. I checked roles and all the YAGA boxes are checked for their role.

I tried unchecking them, and saving the role but found that the changes weren't being saved. No idea what theissue could be here. I'm running Vanilla ersion 2.1.8p2
and the latest YAGA release.

I've tried manually changing the permissions in YAGA reactions to vanilla.comments.add thinking that any users who can comment would then be able to 'react' too but no luck there either.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks for trying my addon!

Can you save any permission change?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• It seems like I can not.

Did you import your data from another forum software?

Have you ever been able to change your role permissions?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• yes, im running a fresh vanilla install i imported data from an old vanilla install.

This sounds like a corrupted role table to me. Please check out this thread: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/193846/#Comment_193846

Search first

• This is why you shouldn't use the importer to update.

grep is your friend.

• @hgtonight my yaga reaction are only shown for admin.., isnt showing for users..
    please reslove that

@Xfronter The permissions are explained in the about.php file, but I am going to paste it below:

'Yaga.Reactions.Add', // Can a user click on reactions?

'Yaga.Reactions.Manage', // Can a user add/edit/delete actions?

'Yaga.Reactions.View', // Can a user see reactions?

'Yaga.Reactions.Edit', // Can a user remove other's reactions?

'Yaga.Badges.Add', // Can a user give out badges?

'Yaga.Badges.Manage', // Can a user adit/edit/delete badges from the system?

'Yaga.Badges.View', // Can a user view badges?

'Yaga.Ranks.Add', // Can a user assign ranks manually?

'Yaga.Ranks.Manage', // Can a user adit/edit/delete ranks from the system?

Make sure the normal member roll has the Yaga.Reactions.Add permission.

Search first