Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Facebook login error

currently login into Facebook on my form i get this error

Invalid Scopes: publish_stream. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/permissions

Comments

• i get this error when i want to log into Facebook through a vanilla forum i have

Invalid Scopes: publish_stream. This message is only shown to developers. Users of your app will ignore these permissions if present. Please read the documentation for valid permissions at: https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/permissions

• update class.facebook.plugin.php in /plugins/facebook and modifi this line 540

$FBScope = C('Plugins.Facebook.Scope', Array('email','publish_stream'));

for this

$FBScope = C('Plugins.Facebook.Scope', Array('email','public_profile'));

• This is the error i get on screen

• worked thanks @R_J i just had to insert
    >$Configuration['Plugins']['Facebook']['Scope'] = Array('email','public_profile');in my /conf/config.php

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Credits go to @marianoo who provided the correct information! :awesome:

I've only wanted to show that in this case using the config.php is possible and there is no need for changing the plugin.

• @marianoo thanks too

• @R_J said:
    Credits go to marianoo who provided the correct information! :awesome:

I've only wanted to show that in this case using the config.php is possible and there is no need for changing the plugin.

SUBLIME dude. Thx a lot for this.

• Works for me too!!

• It worked for me too.

But when I try to register with Facebook it asks me for a Username and an e-mail, what could it be?

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP
    edited May 2015

It's the information you want to have used by the community. For example you might want a different username/email then what was used previously

On a side note, we did identify the issue with publish_stream internally and a fix is in Github. The new scope is publish_actions which allows Automatic Social Share to work ;)

• Nice! That feature would be great.

@Adrian Is there a way to register with Facebook without filling the e-mail and username?
    I have the verify e-mail option enabled, I don't know if that's the reason (hopefully it's not).

• AdrianAdrian Wandering Spirit Montreal MVP

Depending on the version if the Facebook plugin, and I forget which one it is, but the latest from Github lets you have users have their Facebook username as Vanilla Forums username. The email is still needed though, because how will you get notifications ;)

• I see. I though it got the e-mail from the facebook account.

• Some social networks like twitter don't give out emails, for good reason. It is always worth registering an confirm the email separately, and better for the user. Facebok Connect is a login authority system, it is isn't an email verification service.

grep is your friend.

• Makes sense :)