Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Importing Articles

fienenfienen Pittsburg, KS New

I'm in the process of migrating a BuddyPress+bbPress setup into Vanilla, and am looking at this plugin to take the place of blog functionality. I'm wondering, is there an easy way of importing posts from a Wordpress install into the Articles section? Or is it the sort of thing where I'm just going to need to do some SQL scripting of my own?

If there isn't any tooling made for this, I'd toss it out there as an idea for a feature request, to have content importing from RSS or Wordpress WXR exports.

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

There is nothing made that I know of. @Shadowdare might have something though.

It is definitely a good idea to have basic import support for WordPress. :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    ShadowdareShadowdare r_j MVP
    edited May 2015

I don't have anything to import WordPress posts over to Articles yet. I don't have any plans to build one myself anytime soon. If anyone has something built or is working on something now, feel free to share.

Speaking of this, would it be cool to be able to import special discussion posts from NillaBlog/BlanderBlog over, @hgtonight?

Add Pages to Vanilla with the Basic Pages app

• Options

NillaBlog/BlanderBlog just use standard discussions, so that would be easy.

Also, useful. :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    fienenfienen Pittsburg, KS New

Yeah, right now I'm just hand crafting a SQL import from a Wordpress WXR file to solve the issue. If I get some spare time though, I'll look into writing some code to automate it. Is there a Git repo I could issue a pull request to if I get around to it?

• Options

@fienen https://github.com/shadowdare/Vanilla-App-Articles

Even just posting an issue with your SQL would be helpful. :)

Search first