Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

The role won't apply on purchase

First of all thank you for you amazing job.

I've installed the required addons but when the user makes the purchase the role won't apply. Using paypal.

Comments

• @joscplan have you downloaded the latest versions of all the plugins? I presume you are not on localhost.

I have tested it and it works just fine.

There was an issue before with ssl. Which was caused by Paypal withdrawing support for something.

grep is your friend.

• I have the latest versions of the required plugin. My website uses ssl.

• @joscplan said:
    I have the latest versions of the required plugin. My website uses ssl.

you know how to tail server logs?

grep is your friend.

• I take it you have latest version of all the plugins especially MarketPlace?

I may need to test on off the sandbox, as paypal isn't always consistent between sandbox and production unfortunately.

Recommend avoiding paypal if you can.

grep is your friend.

• Btw is this the only product type you are using? I don't want to go down a payment related route if it is not payment related.

grep is your friend.

• AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
    edited January 2015

I've tested Purchase Premium Roles, and it works for me in 2.1 with no problem.

First: Check the purchase log in dashboard. Did it go through?

Second: Try reloading the user's profile page. You might see the updated role.

• You may not be able to use this if

1. you are testing a localhost version
    2. you don't have full curl support
    3. you server rules prevent access to the IPN url

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    You may not be able to use this if

1. you are testing a localhost version
    2. you don't have full curl support
    3. you server rules prevent access to the IPN url

How can I check this third requirements? I'm not on a local host and I have full curl support but I don't know how to check if the server has rules that prevent IPN url access? I've asked the server but they asked me 100s of questions I don't know the answer to..

I can take the PayPal payment but it never gets marked on the transaction log :(

• x00x00 MVP
    edited June 2015

what you could is search in your server access logs for /notify/ lines

if they can grep access logs /paypaltrans/[^/]*/[^/]*/notify/or anything with paypaltrans

grep is your friend.

• Hello,

Everything checked but I still have the same problem, I even changed host to see if things would improve but still it doesn't work.. The payment is sent and made in PayPal however the website doesn't receive the payment notification, so much so the payment transactions are not registering anything..

I'm wondering if you know someone who could, for a fee, fix it for me? Please send me the quote via PM?

Thanks