Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

vBulletin 4.2.x migration redirects

Greetings,
I'm hoping someone else has run into this issue possibly-not directly related to Vanilla Forums, or alternatively tell me I'm crazy and doing something terribly wrong. I see the 'showthread.php' included with the vanilla distribution, and it looks like it should be handling this issue but I keep getting 'page not found.'

Apache rewrite mod is enabled, 'all' is allowed in appropriate locations.
I've tried various .htaccess RewriteRules.
I've attempted to use Routes through the dashboard.

I want to ensure that:
old.forums.com/showthread.php/######-SEO-Stuff

Will go to their new homes:
newhottness.forums.com/discussion/######/SEO-Stuff

However currently it either dead-ends or redirects to index; I see other vBulletin success stories on these forums, so I'm assuming it is something I'm executing poorly.

Comments

• Options

I think the problem is you were using pretty urls, rather than typical vbulletin ?p|t|f|u=

Do you have the old vbullitin server rules for pretty urls? You can put those above the vanilla ones.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Yes, friendly URLs were active on vB4, tried to reverse the rewrites and it failed in the same way as above.

Plugged in Redirector, it didn't work; however it is, with debug on, spitting out some interesting info. It has some, what I'll assume are loops(?), but that stuff is superfluous after '/discussion/###/..'

Redirector is providing on its Input array a path
    /server/path/to/vanilla/discussion/######/superfluous/SEO/repeated/

So, it seems I'd just need to figure out where GDN gets its path? Or otherwise chop/drop the '/path/to/server/' stuff.
    I haven't yet examined this plugin, so maybe there are some clues for me in the code.

I feel this is very close, thanks for the assistance.

• Options

Sorry, just checking in; Redirector worked like a charm.

I found the pathing issue, there was a RewriteRule in my .htaccess remaining from when I was trying to handle this through apache; shut that down and the pathing issue solved.

Then I tried and I kept getting these errors through debug that said "Redirect found // ..." and the first time I saw it I said "Yeah that link. Now act on it."

Then I checked your code: "if debug, else". Disabled debug... gold.
    That was awesome, you rock; thanks so much.

Totally works now.