Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

BootStrap Markdown Plugin Not working

My boot strap markdown plugin now working please Help

Comments

• Please Help i tired everything i am only using bootstrap markdown plugin but it doesn show any formatting in my new post!

tech-forum.info/

Please Help..how can i fix it? i did change the config file setting to

$Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'Markdown';

but still now working...i did used button bar also but then also no luck and disabled it and now only using bootstrap markdown but still no luck! Help!

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Setting the input formatter will only affect new discussions.

Have you tried creating a new discussion after you changed it?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Yes i did posted a New discussion but still same format! :(

• @hgtonight any help :(

@rahul8040 please don't bump discussions within 24 hours.

Do you have any JS errors in your web console?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• i am not even trying to bump! why will i? i am not even advertising or anything just being active in discussion...:(
    no i really dont have any Js errors! is there a proper way to check it? :)

@rahul8040 said:
    i am not even trying to bump! why will i? i am not even advertising or anything just being active in discussion...:(

A bumped discussion shows a) impatience on your part and b) activity on the discussion that I might not want to respond to.

no i really dont have any Js errors! is there a proper way to check it? :)

Check your web console: http://webmasters.stackexchange.com/questions/8525/how-to-open-the-javascript-console-in-different-browsers#answer-77337

Search first

• x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2015

The way people some approach these questions anyone would be mistaken for thinking they are some lost child looking for their parents or something terrible happened to them, if it wasn't for what they are actually asking.

In forum etiquette it warns against "Not work" discussions for good reason, it is not particularly descriptive. Getting help is about give and take. Sometimes you have to be patient.

Best wait for @kasper

grep is your friend.

• This is why I don't think emoticons / smilies are a good idea on tech support forums, it just dumbs things down.

grep is your friend.

@x00 said:
    This is why I don't think emoticons / smilies are a good idea on tech support forums, it just dumbs things down.

:silenced:

Search first

• I'm not lol'ing that. :scrooge:

grep is your friend.

• @hgtonight ok i did checked through console and no errors found! and when i use the button bar plugin it shows that "you can use html in your post" but i did changed it into markdown and disabled button bar and then used markdown plugin editor but can't see any changes of it! can you check if you have time! i'll wait :pleased:

http://tech-forum.info/

thank you..and i really dont be mean to offend anyone. just need help!

• x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2015

Sure I agree, thoguht the more descriptive you can be, the more you show what processes you have been through (steps to repeat) the more likely it will be taken seriously.

It is obvious that you want help, but most of the forum is about getting help so that is implicitly obvious.

Personally, if need to say anything about "help" at all, it is "thanks in advance" or something like that. It is gratuitous to go on about how you need help.

grep is your friend.

• i am actually very thank full to you all Dont you see my smile ? =) so, can you tell me what can be the possible reason of markdown not activating? i did changed in config file though is there anyother pluggin that support markdown i tried button bar but that doesnt help either! thank you so muchin advance :pleased:

• does manual mardown work e.g. **bold**?

grep is your friend.

• nope! doesnt work. @x00

• You definitely have $Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] = 'Markdown'; in conf/config.php?

try disabling this plugin an trying again.

You also need $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['HtmLawed'] = 'HtmLawed';

grep is your friend.

• rahul8040rahul8040 New
    edited July 2015

You can See it here! :(@x00

• what does $Configuration['EnabledPlugins']['HtmLawed'] = 'HtmLawed'; means? do i need another plugin for this HTML like anyother other editor rather than bootstrap markdown? @x00

• HtmLawed pluign should be present. it comes as default.

grep is your friend.