Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

A Problem logging in and staying logged in

I was wondering if this comes up for people: Users on my site sometimes login and hit a link and the show up as not logged in, they refresh the page and a better part of the time that fixes it for a while but not always.

Seems like a cache or cookie problem but it is not consistently repeatable.

Any thoughts or help?

Comments

• Do you have two versions of the forum running the same time in different tabs?

If so you are being logged out becuase of the salt is the same.

If not one other person experienced this.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    Do you have two versions of the forum running the same time in different tabs?

If so you are being logged out becuase of the salt is the same.

If not one other person experienced this.

no these are cold start logins, thats why I was withing a glitch in cache or cookies...

• I'm experiencing the same thing with a client

Server version: Apache/2.4.10 (Unix)
    Server built:   Oct 10 2014 08:18:08
    Cpanel::Easy::Apache v3.26.8 rev9999

PHP 5.4.33 (cgi-fcgi) (built: Oct 10 2014 08:28:16)
    Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
    Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies

grep is your friend.

• @mattdonatelli are you still experiencing this sort of issue.

Did you experience it before 2.1.11?

grep is your friend.

• I may be an issue with cdn like cloudflare

grep is your friend.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

When I had issues with this, it was related to running on www and non-www. Since cookies are subdomain specific by default, and cookies are used for sessions, going between the two causes issues like this.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• This is a different issue this is more random than that. It is also showing old version of the page, like three different incarnations, browser caching is disabled.

You can set cookies for sub-domian using a dot and I don't generally use www. anyway.

grep is your friend.

• thanks for a bit of clarification! @x00, sadly I am hosted on godaddy, what about your client?

• @dimi3 said:
    thanks for a bit of clarification! x00, sadly I am hosted on godaddy, what about your client?

Not

check carefully to see if you are getting old versions of a page. That is what is happening to me.

grep is your friend.

• I tailed access_logs hen it was happening it isn't reaching the server, however I al also excluded the forum from cloudflare, and it is still happening a bit.

grep is your friend.