HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla 2.2 beta 1 is now available

123457»

Comments

• yep, added this $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = true; to my config.php file, once installed (using an older v2.1 .htaccess file) then it seems right... thank you @Linc

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Yay!

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@Bleistivt said:
    I just came across a host that does a "silent" redirect to its PHP CGI handler.

An Apache webserver that doesn't follow the Apache rule of reprocessing the htaccess after a rule is met? That seems crazy to sidestep expected behavior like that.

• Friends are giving this error for me!

AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined method stdClass::select() in /opt/bitnami/apps/vanilla/htdocs/applications/dashboard/models/class.rolemodel.php on line 195\n'

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@trcarneiro said:
    Friends are giving this error for me!

Please go to that Addon's page, then click "Ask a Question" to start a new discussion for assistance.

• Too much for my first day with Vanilla xD! I'm gonna finish learning 2.1 and then make the switch! But the added functionalities seem really awesome!

• I have a feature to recommend. In this version, you should offer a plugin or a built in feature to automatically check for plugin, application, and theme updates. That would help a lot.

Thanks.

• Love this version! Been waiting to upgrade my Scripttechs site as I need a forum that allows for code syntax highlighting to work. I'm using this on a Nginx server with no issues thus far. I didn't set anything different on the server and can get specs if needed. As I've made a vanilla SSO and Importer for my current site that's using PHPfox, I'm hoping that will still work with this version. :) Anyway, nice work! We'll include tutorials for Vanilla on our site once we make the move.

• @Pamela said:
    yep, added this $Configuration['Garden']['RewriteUrls'] = true; to my config.php file, once installed (using an older v2.1 .htaccess file) then it seems right... thank you Linc

@Pamela can you post your old v2.1 .htaccess file?

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

@rbrahmson said:
    Sorry to disappoint the prevailing stereotype, I do know what was being posted officially on 2.2. I am reflecting the fact that given the number of questions there seems to be anxiety among the users of this forum about the date and I concurred that the product manager could communicate the information in a more visible way. Going elsewhere (Github) to find the answer is less visible than all the boxed messages that already surround this discussion.

Would it hurt to have a box on the top like this: (can be updated weekly):

@rbrahmson - my prediction is 2.2rc1 will be available on October 15th,2015 :grin:

https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/blob/release/2.2/index.php#L16

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

I was letting the furor over 2.1.12 die down before throwing myself to the wolves again.

• K17K17 Français / French Paris, France ✭✭✭
    edited October 2015

In the 2.2rc1, we can't translate "Enabled" in mobile themes options.
    <div class="theme-applied">Enabled</div>
    (Yes, I'm searching for all that can be translated in 2.2)
    I've just do this for dev and it works:
    <div class="theme-applied"><?php echo t('Enabled'); ?></div>

And when you install Vanilla 2.2rc1, the BAM! discussion show the HTML tags.

• Upgraded from 2.2 beta to 2.2 RC1 without any issues, for pre-release software 2.2 has been very stable. Good job all.

My site is running these versions for reference.

Apache Version 2.4.16
    PHP Version 5.4.44
    MySQL Version 5.6.23

• ytadvisorsytadvisors Indiana

Hello,
    Does anyone know when this version of Vanilla is expected to be released? I like the features i see here.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

@ytadvisors said:
    Hello,
    Does anyone know when this version of Vanilla is expected to be released? I like the features i see here.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/31007/vanilla-2-2-release-candidate-rc1/p1

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Is this a stable release like out of development stages? My other question is, will i have to find all new plugins? Or will my current ones do?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited October 2015

ytadvisors said: Is this a stable release like out of development stages?

No. close but no.

rc1 is a precursor to the stable version.

Does anyone know when this version of Vanilla is expected to be released?

read the discussion in this link for estimated dates....
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/31007/vanilla-2-2-release-candidate-rc1/p1

My other question is, will i have to find all new plugins? Or will my current ones do?

I would say the majority of the plugins that work properly in 2.1 will work in 2.2. You may need to upgrade some (for more features), depends on the plugin.

edit: The plugins and themes that override views or helper functions will most likely be out of date. They may work but they might not have security fixes or the features of the new release.

OK, thanks.