Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Poll 1.3

Comments

• Options
    Hey Bergamot, do you have some screens of the old extension? I already created a DiscussionID in the poll table, so it will be easy to update the extension :)
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    It looked a lot like your extension, but it was shown at the end of the first post in the discussion, and the poll-creating controls were added to the Start New Discussion form. No role-based permissions, just a "poll question" field and an expandable list of poll options.

I made some changes so the controls would be auto hidden until clicked on, and some minor style changes, but otherwise the version at
    my site is pretty much the version that skyfex wrote.
  • Options
    definitely need to have polls inside discussions. looking great though!
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    Ok, I've updated it to version 1.1

You've can now let users add a poll to their discussion. Only the discussion author can add, edit or delete the poll. You'll have to select the "Add new Poll" permission (in roles & permissions). Users with the permission "Poll Management" have full access to all polls and can add, edit and delete them. This should be a role for administators.

Also, I've removed the Active Poll from the panel. It's now forum preference which a user can turn on or off on their account page.

• Options
    edited July 2006
    Nice.

EDIT: Am I right in assuming this extension uses its own forms for adding/editing polls, rather than using the discussion form?
  • Options
    woo an even larger version of my percentage bar!! yay :P
  • Options
    Jazzman, looks like it doesn't work with the mod_rewrite stuff.
  • Options
    Bergamot, you create a Discussion, then you can add a poll to it using a new option on the sidebar when viewing the discussion.

Fantastic extension. One small issue I have is that the order of the options seems to reverse each time you save them poll, which is an issue if you want the options to appear in order (eg. 'Very good' first, 'good', 'ok', 'poor', then 'very poor' last)
  • Options
    @Bergamot: yes, it uses it's own form.

@droppyale: I've developed it on my Windows machine, but now that I'm at home I will test it on my linux PC with mod_rewrite to fix any bugs.
  • Options
    lechlech Chicagoland
    *jaw drop Are you sure you're not a computer, Jazzman?
  • Options
    Nice one Jazzy. Just one bug on my install. An error message on loading the account page, related to an enabled ShortStat: Fatal error: Cannot redeclare shortstat_preferencesform() (previously declared in /home/.../public_html/forum/extensions/Poll/default.php:102) in /home/.../public_html/forum/extensions/ShortStat/default.php on line 1013
  • Options
    LoL.... I copy-paste the preference form from ShortStat.... Gonna fix that :P
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    I was just coming here to post that bug :D

SO MANY JAZZMAN EXTENSIONS I WANT THEM ALL ON AT ONCE
  • Options
    edited July 2006
    There should be a Jazzman Extension Super-Bundle in one dowloadable zip file. Get 'em all!
  • Options
    I get the following message above the forum header with Poll 1.1 enabled: Notice: Undefined index: REWRITE_extension.php in /home/phorm/public_html/forum/library/Framework/Framework.Functions.php on line 453 I don't know if it's related to the one that other guy mentioned, but I figure I should let you know about it just in case...
  • Options
    Are you running the latest version? I thought mark added that to the core... Perhaps it was just the svn..hmm..
  • Options
    TreyTrey Charlotte NC New
    just to let ya know, I just tried installing the poll and then went to add it to a discussion and just got a blank page. I do have the friendly urls extension installed so I'm thinking it could have something to do with that maybe?
  • Options
    Updated to version 1.2 with Poll Notification

Version 1.2 - 15.07.2006, Jazzman
    - Fixed preference form bug when you also use ShortStat extension
    - Added poll notification (members can turn it off in forum prefereces)
  • Options
    Are you running the latest version? I thought mark added that to the core... Perhaps it was just the svn..hmm..

I assume I am...according to the update check, I have the latest version.
  • Options
    I'm getting the same error, even with 1.2...is there something in .htaccess that needs to be modified or something else going on?
This discussion has been closed.