Fork me on GitHub
Current Releases are 2.1 stable (major release) and 2.0.18.11 (security patch for 2.0)
We've also rebooted our GitHub repo, docs, and more!

Wondering About Threaded Discussion Possibilities

patsjvpatsjv New
edited November 2006 in Questions
This forum has been a huge help and has answered the great majority of my questions. Many thanks to Mark, the devleopers and all that contribute. What a great community!

I'm wondering if it's possible to set up Vanilla so that it would display discussion header summaries in a threaded view. The forum discussion I've helped manage has been very simple, and most users access it online via satellite-based dialup connections (http://www.micsem.org/cgi-local/forum_pub/index.cgi) from Micronesia. The current forum has the ability to list threaded summaries of all ongoing discussions, which has added to the simplicity of the forum and is a feature I'd like to consider keeping--if possible. (My programming skills are limited.) It's definitely time to change to Vanilla as we're getting mauled by spam, but I'm wondering, could threaded views be accomplished by way of a new theme? Or would there need to be substantial changes to the source code in order to do this?

I'd appreciate any thoughts or ideas. Thanks again.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.