Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Problems with loading vanilla board!

edited November 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Ok so I went into the settings and went to the part where you set the link to your board and changed it to my home tab to try to get it to load the home tab on default instead of the discussions tab... I also changed the cookie domain to reflect this as well hoping it would work. Well it didn't work so then I quickly went back and changed everything back to what it was. and now an hour later after returning to my vanilla board, it loads the discussion tab as "?Page=homepeople.php" and when I select the login button and login, it just boots me back to that homepeople.php page and says I need to login. I hope there is someone that can help me otherwise I don't know what to do to fix this. O.o

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    It sounds like you made a typo in your conf/settings.php file. There's no such thing as a homepeople.php file in Vanilla.
  • edited November 2006
    well i didn't type in homepeople.php into anything so that's odd. So If i go into the conf/settings.php file I can fix this?

EDIT: I just checked my settings.php file and I looked over everything and it is on the server file set back to what it originally was and I see no sing of that homepoeple.php file link in there. I am very stumped and freaking out right now. :(
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    What's the url to your forum (if you don't mind)?
    Can you post the contents of your conf/settings.php file (minus any sensitive information)?
  • actually i managed to fix it after trying to work around some overwriting problems with an old settings.php backup file. I guess it didn't actually change it back when I went to change it back so it was still on that funky link so after a good 20 minutes or so I was finally able to upload the good copy of settings.php and now everything is back to normal. ^.^
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Good stuff :)
  • now it's happening again and I don't know why!! I tried uploading the settings.php file again and that didn't help at all. :( it was working perfectly fine last night and then when I woke up this morning I can't load the forum. >< I was working on an improved sidepanel extension and got it to work just fine, right before I went to bed last night.
  • Have you tried manually disabling the extension incase for some reason it's causing trouble?
  • edited November 2006
    well when I went into the extension file it didn't even have my extension on the list so it wasn't loading it O.o All that happens when I try to go to my forum is it just shows a blank white screen and that's it.. no errors or anything..
  • edited November 2006
    ok so now I managed to get it to load after overwriting my langauge.php file since I remembered I was looking it in yesterday but I cancelled out of it when I realized I shouldn't edit that file but the conf/language.php but for some reason it saved even when I told it not too.. but now I have a new problem, my forum is now running super slow. >< it takes forever to load pages and login.

EDIT: Ok i got it to run faster by disabling and re-enabling all my extensions. Problem fixed again... lol
  • Errr.....ok....No idea there I'm afraid. I assume everything else your server is running as normal?
This discussion has been closed.