Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

The iPhone has landed....

3stripe3stripe ✭✭
edited July 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
10:37 am internet commicator, ipod, & phone put them all together and see what you can do 10:37 am great having the 2 greatest companies 10:37 am jerry done talking 10:37 am begging steve for iphone http://www.macrumorslive.com/photos/ http://www.macrumorslive.com/ WOW! It might be the end of the year before it's available in Europe though. And it ain't looking cheap either!

Comments

• Options
    No buttons? //me updates avatar to remove buttons.
  • Options
    "No buttons" has got to be the future of tech. It's gonna be the new must-have-feature...
  • Options
    I am so looking forward to this. Looks sexy :p
  • Options
    I hate engadget but it has a good wrapup of the iPhone: http://www.engadget.com/2007/01/09/the-apple-iphone/
  • Options
    what ever happened to the phones that were just, you know, phones...?
  • Options
    I don't know I kinda like having the ability to access the net anywhere without having to lug around a laptop.
  • Options
    It does look very nice but (and this is surprising since i'm a complete geek) i'm still not convinced i want my phone to be a pda. I want it to have a lot of functions, oh yes, but i kinda like it being <5cm wide (i know 6.4 isnt *much* wider, but it's *enough* wider). If i want a pda (which, generally, i dont), I'll take my pda somewhere with me. I'd probably get used to having one with me all the time if it meant i didnt have to carry my phone, but i'm not sure.
  • Options
    http://www.apple.com/iphone/ Some nice videos of it in action.

Now I would love one of these, existing phone interfaces are really bad... it's just so expensive!
  • Options
    Nice, but would I buy it and use it as a phone... NO! Its not a phone, its a PDA (from the looks of things) I think it will be popular, but its not even all that beautiful (whoops just contradicted myself, nvr mind!)

however I reckon if we give it a few years, it will improve and as always get smaller!
  • Options
    3stripe3stripe ✭✭
    edited January 2007
    Yeah. I'd imagine that v2 could be worth holding out for. Imagine the number of tweaks/hacks/addons/bugfixes that will be around by then... it might even plug into my brain and get me up via autopilot in the morning...
  • Options
    It might even be cheaper...
  • Options
    Yes, but... is it as good as the Zune? pic

Posted: Wednesday, 10 January 2007 at 8:57AM (AEDT)

• Options
    Haha!
  • Options
    Looks great, and I oh, so happy that it is GSM. The money though, this and a MacBook? Oye!
  • Options
    You'll have plenty of time to save up I expect...

"This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained."

The tech-specs are not even complete yet.

Posted: Wednesday, 10 January 2007 at 9:11AM (AEDT)

• Options
    Looks great. I love that it has no buttons at all, but it is a tad pricey. I bet those $500/$600 (depending on which version you get) will just become €500/€600 (roughly $650/$780) or even more over in Europe. :/
  • Options
    It comes out in June, we don't have to wait, really, for things that come out in the US, we will have it the next week for sure but I won't, not at $499, I want a Macbook and a 360! Bah!
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    i dont think it is expensive considering it is an ipod, camera and phone all in one. it's quite cheap when compared with just buying a 'normal' ipod
  • Options
    Prediction...

This brilliant contraption will impact consumer technology at least ten times more than the iPod!

Mobile phone makers all over the world are tearing their hair out as well as tearing up their 5-year plans for their products!

Simplicity, style, innovation, functionality and good looks, yes folks Apple Inc. does it again, did we expect anything less?

Posted: Wednesday, 10 January 2007 at 10:00AM (AEDT)

• Options
    I smell fanboy...