Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

DokuWiki

Comments

• I set that line after forgetting it... and got the wiki to appear, but now i am getting the auth failed contact wiki admin thing... I think i will start over with step one again, just to make sure i did it right.
  • edited January 2007
    Make sure in conf/local.php you have the line:
    $conf['useacl'] = 1;
    I accidentally omitted that my first go round.

Also omitted from my initial posting, was conf/acl.auth.php
    <?php /* allows all users to view wiki pages */ * @ALL 1 /* grant admin user all rights */ * @Administrator 16 /* grant member create & edit rights */ * @Member 8 ?>
    That should make it all good to go.
  • What is- $CookieUserID = @$_COOKIE[$Configuration['COOKIE_USER_KEY']]; $VerificationKey = @$_COOKIE[$Configuration['COOKIE_VERIFICATION_KEY']]; $_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] = $row->Name;
  • Re:
    $CookieUserID = @$_COOKIE[$Configuration['COOKIE_USER_KEY']]; $VerificationKey = @$_COOKIE[$Configuration['COOKIE_VERIFICATION_KEY']];
    I initially had issues that would not set the cookie user & verification key via $Context if the login was not persistent (ie. session only). I figured it out, but forgot to remove those lines.

I've eliminated those in my post above, and replaced:

if (($CookieUserID != '' && $VerificationKey != '')||($Context->Session->UserID > 0)) {
    withif ($Context->Session->UserID > 0) {
    It does the same exact thing, just dumps extraneous code.

$_SERVER['REMOTE_USER'] is how DokuWiki stores usernames. $row->Name; is that info from the database.
  • So the only things I have to replace in the code is the path and database info?
  • The database info is called from Vanilla's "$Configuration".

The only line you should need to change is the path to Vanilla.
  • what does the proper path to vanilla look like? http://site.com/vanilla or not?
  • That's what mine looks like except I have a different folder name.
  • yep, never did get this to work... has anyone else got it up and running? and if so how and can you host the files...
  • Hi,

I'm just testing this, but it doesn't work! :-( I'm logged in at Vanilla, but DokuWiki thinks, I'm not! And if I try to login in at DokuWikis login screen, the screen allways just reloads! :-(

Tiggr
  • Umpf: $Context->Session->UserID is always 0! Why?
  • @Tiggr: you probably need to put:

define('NOSESSION', true)
    somewhere in dokuwiki.php.

Anyway, I've written a new class for this purpose (ie. make DokuWiki use Vanilla authentication). The source is in the wiki at: vanilla:integration:dokuwiki

Works for me, I hope someone else will find it useful too.
  • OK, now it works! Thank you very much!
  • TiggrTiggr
    edited August 2007
    Took me some time, until it realy worked, but now it runs like a rocket! Thank you very much! Tschüss Tiggr (aka Marcus) PS: Forum: http://www.orgaohnenamen.de/forum Wiki: http://www.orgaohnenamen.de/wiki (I still have to do something about design...)
  • edited September 2007
    Just to let you know, the reason you get all the errors is because Vanilla sets it's error reporting to all, but Dokuwiki uses a bad practice and doesn't check if the variables are set first. To put it simply, it's a Dokuwiki bug.
    To fix it, you can change the core of Dokuwiki, or you can add
    error_reporting(0);
    after the require_once lines in vanilla.class.php

However, I can't log in. I get the same problem as Tiggr, but I've definitely got it in there (local.php actually, since that's where your settings should go).
  • I'm very sorry I can't help you, I've just deleted my first dokuwiki installation and did it again: And than it worked fine!
  • Well, for now, I'm going to give up on it and just leave the users seperate.
  • edited November 2007
    Hi,
    (sorry my english is not very good)

I follow the instruction of the wiki page for integration of dokuwiki.

I think i have done correctly the instruction. first I had the problem with magic-quotes-gpc. i created a file htaccess whith this line : SetEnv MAGIC_QUOTES 0. it's ok

Now, I obtain these error

have you a idea about that ?
    Thank

I use vanilla 1.1.3 and dokuwiki 2007-06-26b
  • oups !!

I add this line like rmccue :
    error_reporting(0);

I don't have any mor error, but i don't believe the identification is working,
    I'm coming back soon
  • Im having issues with this as well.

All I have done is make the changes noted in the documentation file located here:

http://lussumo.com/docs/doku.php?id=vanilla:integration:dokuwiki

I've not been able to get it working. Right now, all I get is a blank screen when I try and go to the wiki.

Does anyone have more detailed steps... any order.. any things that need to be configured outside of those file changes... etc?

Thanks in advance

JB