Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

FeedPublisherForBlog

edited January 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Extension that publishes feeds for the Blog extension, using Feed Publisher as a base. Wishlist to complete here.

Comments

• Options
    Any update on this?
  • Options
    What's with a million open discussions for this add-on? :/
  • Options
    How many do you see ?
    1 - the main one
    2 - ok this one is a mistake, I didn't understood discussions linked to add-ons (BTW is there any doc about this?)
    3 - help needed here
    This one is about an extension that publish feeds for THE BLOG EXTENSION, using Feed Publisher as a base, and not directly about FP.
    Anyway could you explain any annoyance ?
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    hey, i wasn't really satisfied with the feed publishers in general that were online here. if the user was online they were presenting headlines from categorys he was not supposed to see, they only showed the first comments of a thread, never the latest, etcetcetc,... this is my good oldschool standalone version, presenting only the latest 20 newest entries (and only one) per discussion. maybe someone likes to make it vanilla-like,... :) http://salmacis.com/feed_forum-vanillaforall.php.txt (i didn't really know in what feed thread to put this,...)
  • Options
    edited January 2008
    Hi Keith, you're right: they only showed the first comments of a thread, never the latest except if someone subscribed to this particular thread. That's why you should start a new thread if you want to be read.
    But if the user was online they were presenting headlines from categorys he was not supposed to see sounds like a bug. Which add-on is responsible for that? Could you post in the corresponding thread or create a new one?
    Why don't you try make your code vanilla-like?

Oh, and welcome to this community!
  • Options
    heyho Grahack, thanks for the welcome. with the standard vanilla Group Management (what Group does the User belong to) i defined some Categories as being available only to a certain User-Group. But I don't recall what Feed-publisher Add on showed the headlines of the inaccessible Discussions, i believe it was "RSS2 Feed 1.0.2". uh and the code,... sooner or later, yes, but up to now I don't feel too familiar with this kind of code writing. I came from the good old perl-Universe,... ^^
This discussion has been closed.