Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Private Messages 1.1

Comments

• a comment from a user on my forum: "Seems like a four-figure number higher than 1000 will do it". not sure if this is true.
  • edited June 2008
    I think I may have an answer to my problem-- our website guy wanted the LUM_User table renamed to just User. Is it possible that Private_Messages is looking for LUM_User and just letting access go ahead?

EDIT: Nope that doesn't appear to solve it.
  • edited June 2008
    Another question-- Where in the DB does private messages restirct the users? I noticed that my LUM_*Whisper table's are empty, and so are the WhipserfromLast and WhispetoLastID in LUM_Discussion is null.

EDIT: So my whispers was disabled, and I guess this is the problem. Does Vanilla enable whispers by default?

EDIT 2: No dice. Whispers enabled, but still not seeing the whisper information enter the tables.
  • 2. An indicator on the "Inbox" tab that tells you that you have a new message: *ex. Inbox (1)* ^ ^ ^ Is there any update on that ?
  • No update as of yet on that... I believe this extension is supposed to do that. But it doesn't.

Definitely causing my members and I to catch some private messages late... :(
  • But I saw some adjustments here and there are some linkages ready and adjusted, but for the process .. ok , I'm added in the databases this table : CREATE TABLE `LUM_UserDiscussionHide` ( `UserID` int(10) NOT NULL default '0', `DiscussionID` int(8) NOT NULL default '0', PRIMARY KEY (`UserID`,`DiscussionID`) ); and i replace default.php file to http://dev.emericaskate.com/default.php.gz Now Appears in the Tap * inbox (0) " but does not change if there was a new message for you .! any helping?
  • edited July 2008
    bump ^ any one has been updated version here
  • AppleApps, that link to the updated default.php file does not appear to be working...? Have another link for it? Or perhaps just the modified bits of code to the default.php file in order to make this happen? I'd love to make this work as intended, in the tab atop the forum.
  • Hi.! Are there any updates on the indicator problem?
  • Can I request someone upload jehul's release with delete function? All previous links are dead :(
  • Hello, My users are getting confused because PM's show the first recipient in a PM exchange as the username in the first field. So if the PM's were sent to you originally, your inbox shows a list of PM's with only your username on the left hand column list, not the person you are exchanging it them with. Is there a way to get the field to show both parties' usernames?
  • hi, anyone has latest working version? all posted links in this discussion are dead.
  • RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭
    edited September 2008
    Would this even work with the latest version of 1.1.5a?
  • For me, the version Private Message v1.1 is not working with latest vanilla. It stops working as soon as you remove all the roles from "Category" assign for private messages.
  • I have installed Private Message extension but it's not working if i deselect all roles that can view this category(Inbox)then getting the following error. "Some problems were encountered. You must select a category for this discussion. I have to select the rolls(member, Administrator) that can view this category(Inbox)to make it work. I need help to fix this problem.
  • edited October 2008
    I'm getting the same error... :S

It seems that the sender has to be able to view the private messages category, otherwise it won't send. Tried setting it only visible to administrators, was able to send from Admin, but not through a test user without admin priviliges.
  • This select a category for discussion error just started appearing for me too. Only major change I made in the last 48hours was upgrade the core to 1.1.5a . I was going to try and create a new category, but this would lose all the old messages.
  • Vanilla 1.1.5 fixed a bug that did allow discussion to be started without a category id (when categories are enable). This extension must have relied on this bug.
  • So the next question is either Jazzman or the people who did 1.1 still around or is this the excuse needed to make a new (and maybe better) private message system?
  • You should create a fork. You can host on Vanilla-friends repository if you wants.