Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Integrate elgg

edited October 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
I want like an elgg plugin with vanilla. Elgg allows you to take full advantage of the power of social technology with elegant, flexible solutions for organisations, groups and individuals. elgg site: www.elgg.org Any idea how?

Comments

• have you tried using a computer? i do not have a lot of experience with a computer, but i think a computer may be able to do this?
  • @ggg1, elgg has its own forum. >>create a group, and look at 'Latest Discussion'
  • Install ELGG and then use the vanilla plugin - I use it and it works well. Take a look at my site - basically the forums link is all vanilla but I have a mod that allows me to embed vailla discussions in my web pages as well. http://www.jedsite.info/elgg/ you may have to register...
  • @Abacus nice work buddy @http://www.jedsite.info/elgg/mod/vanillaforum/vanilla/
  • edited October 2008
    @Rikin Thanks but I had a lot of help from members of this forum - particularly grahack! The embedded categories & sub-categories files are nearly all in one folder so I'll probably release it as a plugin/mod. A couple of more things need doing first....
  • Abacus, Nice site, are you using elgg v1.0 ,if so can you release the plugin or mod? As for,mis-one your name speaks for its self!!
  • edited October 2008
    Well the vanilla plugin is already available for ELGG but the discussions embedded in the html pages are a separate sort-of plugin for vanilla (virtually everything is in one additional directory) and should work okay anywhere anyone wants to embed a discussion in an HTML page. There is still a few other things to be done to it to tidy it up.
  • Hello every one !!!!!

Can you tell me that how to integrate vanilla forum 2.0 with elgg .......

Tjhanks in advance!!!!!!
  • Hello,

Do these vanilla modications in elgg still create search engine friendly urls? Do the posts in the vanilla software all do it?

Thanks, Peter

• PS, I meant modifications:)...early morning writing.

• petermeilahn said:
    PS, I meant modifications:)...early morning writing.

Check this discussion

vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/152779/#Comment_152779