Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Can anyone PLEASE tell/show me how to get a third column!!

edited November 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Okay, here it is. My client wants a third column, and I'm a newbie. I've been working the default template's css and php, but I can't seem to figure out how to make a third colum. The url is http://www.rvadvocacy.com. You can see my placement images and
background changes to this very confusing template. Please tell/show me how to include a third column on the right. Any hack can see the .css that my #rightcol is not working (of course it's no longer on any page).

-Magic

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2009
    OOOps!!
  • Options
    You should not have any clients, ever.
  • Options
    That's probably true, however, I was assigned the task to fix graphics. I am not too bad at this, but he wanted me to also make room for advertisments in a third column. There's no reason not to take on a challenge, but I am not a css guru.
  • Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited November 2009
    Please stick to one discussion; posting the same thing again isn't going to help.

This is a CSS problem, not related to Vanilla. It's going to involve using "float", setting appropriate widths, and making sure the footer "clears" the floats. Try Googling "three column css" to get started. :)
  • Options
    Thanks Lincoln...
  • Options
    pbearpbear New
    edited November 2009
  • Options
    Problem solved, maybe I should have read that first, ha ha.
  • Options
    Discussion closed.
This discussion has been closed.