Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanilla Roadmap

MarkMark Vanilla Staff
edited August 2009 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Just added our roadmap to the documentation wiki.

Comments

• "1 New plugin, feature, or upgrade every week"

wow, that's ambitious! Can't wait to see all the things you and others come up with ;)
  • Sounds good to me, having an idea of whats coming is good. It will also be good to see things getting checked off.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Right now most of the "1 new each week" will be upgrades to vf.com, vf.org and the setups underneath. Lots to do!

Yes, it will feel fantastic to get these things checked off :)
  • TexTex
    edited August 2009
    Sounds great. Don't forget about the importing external vanilla forums to vanillaforums.com. ;-) As soon as this is possible (together with custom domain, no ads and custom theme), I will switch. Great work, Mark!
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Thanks, @Tex !
    Everything you mentioned is on the roadmap, so please stay tuned :)
  • wtf? Spammers suck. @h8m3 should be killed.
  • edited September 2009
    Great stuff ^_^

I can't wait for the 'Competitor import scripts'
    That way I can easily keep my members while changing to a new system.

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Hi!
  • when is vanilla 2 coming out, i cnt wait
  • I see 1 pretty major thing missing from that list unless you consider it an addon: file uploads/image inclusion. Unless of course I read it too fast and missed it. If so, sorry.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    There is code in the core to handle uploads (it is used to do the profile picture uploads). Anything beyond that would be an addon.
  • Internationalization and Localization Site - I am totaly looking forward for this one since my forum will be all in spanish
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    @Locochris05 - I've started working on it - it will be part of the addons site.

If anyone wants to help out, please grab a copy and have a look at where we're at so far: http://github.com/lussumo/VanillaAddons

Still a little bit of work to be done, but almost there.
  • sagarsagar New
    edited December 2009
    Can Documentation platform be released on github ahead of final release?
    That would be awesome..
  • I'm eagerly waiting for vanillaforums.com getting out of beta to move my existing forum with 90,000+ comments. My current host sucks. Just to let you know. :-)
  • Mark, Thanks for the roadmap page but when will vanilla2 available for production environnement.
    Vanilla2 already covers a lot of my needs and i plan to use it soon, but i need to know if the final release will be ready in a couple of days, weeks or months.

Have you a date to communicate ?

Thanks for the great job already provided.

• Thanks for the preview on the addons over at vanillaforums.com. All I need will be there!