Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Google Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Twitter
Support for Vanilla Forums Cloud product

In this Discussion

Follow Us

Forum down - blowed up dramatically!

edited January 2010 in Questions
My forum is down. I haven't done any work to it...

http://destroybeforereading.com/forum/

Any ideas? Any help appreciated !

Here is an example of the errors: " Warning: include_once(/nfs/c01/h07/mnt/38172/domains/destroybeforereading.com/html/forum/appg/headers.php) [function.include-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /nfs/c01/h15/mnt/38172/domains/destroybeforereading.com/html/forum/appg/init_vanilla.php on line 17"

Seems to be a path issue but from server side or a bad config?

Thanks
Rob

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Open conf/settings.php and replace all mention of:
    /nfs/c01/h07/mnt/38172/domains/by
    /nfs/c01/h15/mnt/38172/domains/

It is a temporary fix; next time your provider move your account to an other server, you will get the same error.

Open a ticket with your provider, explain your problem and ask where "/nfs/c01/h15/mnt/38172/domains/" is mounted to. It is probably something like "/nfs/c01/h15/mnt/38172/domains/ --> /home/user-name/domains". Use that path instead
  • Genius!

I have no idea how you knew that but it has worked... I had to do the same for my calendar config as well... Is it usual for a host to move stuff!?

Odd - thanks for your help though, very much appreciated.

Rob
  • edited January 2010
    That happens when a server need to be upgraded or when it is overused and they need to move some accounts away.
  • Thanks for your help on this...

On the back of this I swapped my hosting to HUEVIA and it has been A1 since.

I can sincerely recommend HUEVIA - amazing support too.

MediaTemple: 0 / HUEVIA: 1

All running well now . . .