Current release is 2.1.6
(21 Nov 2014).
Users who have not yet upgraded to 2.1 should get security release 188.8.131.52
(1 Nov 2014). We will stop providing these security releases to 2.0 at the end of this year.
The Vanilla Facebook plugin enables your users to sign into the forum using their Facebook account. In order for Vanilla to connect with Facebook, you must set up a Facebook Application and share it's information with Vanilla.
How to set up Facebook Connect in Vanilla
- Download and install the Vanilla Facebook plugin from the Addon repository if you are a self-hosted customer (The Vanilla Facebook plugin should already be installed if you are hosting your forum at http://vanillaforums.com).
- Once the Vanilla Facebook plugin has been enabled, you must configure it. Click the "Settings" button next to the plugin in the enabled plugin list of your Dashboard, or go to "Dashboard", "Authentication", and choose "Facebook" from the "Configure an Authenticator" dropdown.
- Create an "application" in Facebook at: http://www.facebook.com/developers/apps.php
- When you create the Facebook application, you can choose what to enter in most fields, but make sure you copy the Site Url value from the Facebook Settings page in Vanilla to the Facebook Application page.
- Once your Facebook application has been created, you must copy the "Application ID" and "Application Secret" into the Facebook Settings page in Vanilla.
Once these steps are completed, your users will see the Facebook Connect option for signing in.
||Edited November 2010 by Mark