Upgrade your Vanilla Forum
Upgrading is a one-way process. There is no way to downgrade. so it's a good idea to make a test upgrade on a backup, before proceeding with the real upgrade.
1. Create a Backup
- Back up your database
- Back up your uploads/ folder
- Back up your conf/config.php
2. Update your files
- Upload your new version of Vanilla 2
- Delete all the .ini files in your cache/ folder
- Navigate to the page in your forum that updates your database: www.yourforum.com/utility/update (or www.yourforum.com/index.php?p=/utility/update)
How Vanilla URLs work
If you can't log in to your forum after upgrading, clear your cookies and restart your browser.