This addon is a plugin. You need to extract the entire folder to your
/plugins folder to install it.
Eliminate "discussion resurrection"! A simple extension that prevents users from adding new comments to old discussions, Auto Close removes the comment box from discussions that have remained inactive for a set amount of time.
Includes the option of "archiving" (ie, hide) old & inactive discussions, as well as exempting Stickies, Whispers, and specific Categories.
PREVENTING CONFLICT WITH "GUEST POST" EXTENSION
The extension "Guest Post" can potentially bypass Auto Close and allow users to post new comments to old discussions. To prevent this conflict, simply install Auto Close AFTER installing the "Guest Post" extension. If Auto Close has already been installed, install and enable "Guest Post", and then DISABLE and RE-ENABLE Auto Close.
- Changed name of style sheet from "AutoClose.style.css" to "AutoClose.css".
- Added "AutoCloseConfig" class.
- Fixed issue with trying to add Menu tab on sign in/out page.
- Changed discussion list query to show archived discussions on (discussion-)filtered views.
- Fixed page title on "Archive" & "Auto Close Settings" pages.
- Added default tab position values & "Archived Discussions" section to readme.
- Tweaked code.
- Added interface for changing extension settings.
- Added "archiving" option.
- Added "Customizing the Extension" to readme.
- Added feature to exempt Whispers.
- Added feature to exempt specific Categories.
- Added "Using the Extension" to readme.
- Tweaked code.
- Initial release.