This addon is a plugin. You need to extract the entire folder to your
/plugins folder to install it.
This extension adds a space to every user's profile where any user can post a public comment. This is similar to the "Wall" feature on Facebook or the "Comments" feature on MySpace. It's a fun feature for communities. Thanks to Adam (Pol) for original "User Wall" of which this is based on.
** Obviously i don't need to tell you. DO NOT run Messsage Wall together with User Wall!
Certain browsers and or vanilla themes may not display message wall correctly, if you discover a fix, please post it within this thread.
Message Wall Version 1.3.1
- Fixed: Message Wall version showing correct version number.
- Fixed: CSS issue for firefox users showing expanded userbody with clear attribute.*
- Changed: Minor CSS changes.*
* Certain browsers and or theme may not display wall correctly.
Message Wall Version 1.3
- Added: New message notification by email in either text-default or html format, includes edited messages if it has been read.
- Added: Support for Vanilla formatters ie. BBcode, smilies etc.
- Added: Support for specific message linking.
- Added: Support for limitation to number of messages able to write in time frame. Uses vanilla number of allowed comments in settings->app.
- Added: Ability to empty wall database (perform clean install).
- Fixed: Error when Forced wall not specified.
- Fixed: When deleting, wall reverts to first page and continues trying to delete message during page change.
- Fixed: Wrong page number returned no messages.
- Fixed: Where users were able to view and delete unauthorized private messages.
- Fixed: Minor Bugs.
- Changed: CSS style issues.
- Changed: The way new message notification is obtained and presented.
- Database Structure: added FormatType column.
User Wall -> Message Wall Version 1.0
- Added: New message notification
- Added: support for yellow fade extension
- Added: Toggle to Force all Walls to be public (enabled to be written on) role permissions permitting of course.
- Added: Color code based on vanilla theme for private messages.
- Added: Visible text based code for private messages for moderators.
- Added: Role permission to view all private messages.
- Changed: Improved method of message acquisition
- Changed: Write permission is required to edit messages (can only delete if no write permission)
- Fixed: Moderators inability to edit/delete messages on wall
- Fixed: Minor bugs
- Database Structure: private column replaced with PrivateFrom
- Database Structure: added ReadStatus column
User Wall Version 1.0 Beta 10
- Added: Minor private message system, only wall owner and writer can view the message
- Fixed: PHP4 Friendly (should be anyway couldn't detect any other errors when tested)
- Changed: Made UserWall.css stylesheet more rigid and less compromising
- Changed: Removed pagedlistfixed.php and simplifieddiscussions.css
- Changed: Added another column to the table, extension will upgrade and add column automatically, shouldn't interfere with existing data, but backup anyway
- Minor: Cleaned up some internal codes
- Added: Minor debug function, displays actual errors for certain error traps
User Wall Version 1.0 Beta 9
- User wall public comment toggle via account preference, owner can still write independent of account pref *
- Wall comment editing.
- Fixed: validation for deleting comments
- Fixed: table creation
- Fixed: table prefix used for table creation, dependant on vanilla config, allows for easy cross custom vanilla install
- Modified: error trapping during extension installation
- Modified: Display IP of commenter based on vanilla role permission, no need for iphistory extension
- Modified/Fixed: Various other small stuff.
- Added: Shows user icon in post.
- Added: Master wall moderator role added (can delete/edit all walls).
- Fixed: Disabled wall feature for applicants