Addons are custom features that you can add to your Vanilla forum. Addons are created by our community of developers and people like you!
These addons are for people who downloaded and set up their own Vanilla forum. Compare your downloaded version with the version requirements on the right.
If your Vanilla forum is hosted at VanillaForums.com, this addon may already be installed there.
/pluginsfolder to install it.
A simple plugin that adds two required fields to the registration form for First Name and Last Name and displays them in the basic info box on the user's profile. Users and Admins can edit these fields via the Edit My Account link on the profile.
To enable displaying a user's First and Last Name in place of their username on posts, go to Dashboard -> Forum -> FirstLastNames and click "Use Display Names".
- User links no longer blank If display names are enabled and a user hasn't set their first/last/nick name, will display their real username instead
- If display names are enabled, clicking on the @username link on posts will now insert a mention into the comment box
- All the plugin's config options can now be set in the dashboard
- Added some additional config options
- Fixed redirect bug with registration
- Added ability for users and admins to edit names
- Added support for a config option to enabled displaying first and last names on posts
1.0 - FirstLastNames released!