Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

[MySQL Gurus!] Help with moving one category from one V1 forum to a second V1 forum

Andy KAndy K
edited November 2009 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Hi all, longtime user here.

I started a sister-site to a discussion site that I created way back in 2006. I pretty much cloned it from my existing forum, it's on the same server but on a different MySQL DB, and a different sub-directory (old site "Story Games", new site "Praxis": www.story-games.com/forum, and www.story-games.com/praxis).

All of the users are the same: I basically copied the entirety of the DB from the first site to the second, and then Emptied LUM_Discussion, LUM_Comment, went in and changed the categories, etc. It worked well.

However, there is one Discussion Category from the original site (Category ID 16, aka "Game Design Help) that I would, if possible, REALLY like to migrate from the original site (Story Games) to the second site (Praxis). Both sites run Vanilla 1.1.9.

I imagine that this is some series of MySQL strings to search and dump all disucssions and comments of Category 16 from tables LUM_Discussion, LUM_Comment, and then basically a dump-pipe to merge it all into the new site's LUM tables.

Anyone know how to do that? Or another way to do what I'm trying to do? I have phpMyAdmin and command-line access to my MySQL server, and am not looking for you to provide me with exact command strings for my exact problem, I'm rather looking for a good place to start: Like what commands in phpMyAdmin or command line you might use for your own vanilla installation, and I can test and extraploate and tweak from there.

Thanks!
-Andy