Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Dice Roller for Vanilla 2

edited February 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I've used Vanilla 1 the last few years to run a play by post forum. I'd love to upgrade to vanilla 2, but we're completely dependent on the dice roller program: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/155/diceroller

it doesn't look like original author is going to update it, given the update history. i'm not completely useless with code, but i'm pretty novice at this garden thing. what are the odds i could import/rewrite this for vanilla 2?

Comments

• MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    I think we might have traded emails a few weeks ago. I looked at doing it myself, but the rolling code was more complicated than I had anticipated it would be. The most challenging part is all of the inline javascript that it puts into the comments to do various things with the roll results, etc.

Actually adding it as a plugin and parsing through comments for it isn't tough. I've also added an "Attributes" field to the vanilla 2 comment table recently that could be used for storing the values of the rolls.

I'd say start off by making a simple plugin following the quick-start documentation. You can always come back here and ask for help :)
  • I put some more effort into this, and i don't think that i'm going to be able to hack this together. wondering if anyone else has done so, or if i could beg/bribe someone into it if they haven't already. i'd love to switch to vanilla 2, but without htis plugin i'll be stuck in 1.whatever forever.