Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

single sign on seamless integration problems

eleitheleith New
edited March 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
i've got a vanilla 2 instance working with the single sign on plugin, but there seems to be a problem with the seamless integration.

here is what i am noticing:

1) i sign in on my app (which enables the user info page that vanilla can now request)

2) i visit the vanilla forum
2a) vanilla properly adds a new user into GDN_User (but no inserts into GDN_UserAuthentication)
2b) the vanilla forum just shows the default page, no indication of a user logged in, and the 'sign in' link is visible

3) i click on 'sign in'

4) i'm directed to a page, asking me to link accounts or create a new account

my guess would be, something is wrong, and there is no inserts into GDN_UserAuthentication and it is the beginning of a cascade of problems causing my seamless integration to not work.

i'm about to dive through the code and try and fix it myself, but thought i would post here, in case someone could help, or offer me advice

Comments

• column UniqueID of GDN_UserAuthentication is a varchar(30) and was truncating my user ids, causing all sorts of problems.

i've manually updated the schema myself and seamless sign ons work!
  • I'm just getting started with SSO myself, and this is useful - thanks. Quick question that I haven't found an answer for yet - when you made your user info page, how did you output the required info? I presume that there needs to be some separation between uniqueID, name etc. Did you use any tags?
  • eleitheleith New
    edited March 2010
    it depends on your config. i've manually edited mine to say

$Configuration['Garden']['Authenticator']['Encoding'] = 'json';
    so i output a json object containing "Name", "UniqueID" and "Email". if yours says "ini", then you'll just want to output plain/text of key=value pairs separated by newlines
    Name=yourname
    UniqueID=123abcd
    Email=your@email.com
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    FYI - the user info page is parsed using php's parse_ini_string function. Hopefully that will help you understand how it should be output. It doesn't have any html of any kind. Just key=value pairs separated by newlines.