Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

User Permission, disallow comments in specific threads?

edited April 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Curious if there is a way to disallow users to comment in specific, ongoing threads, but still be allowed to participate in the forums in general.

The forum I help run has a for sale thread. If a user breaks the rules more than 3 times, they can no longer post items for sale. Currently, we just monitor the thread and delete if they post. But I'd like to find a way to block them from posting in that specific thread.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    You can put the discussion in a special category, create a special role that can post in that category, and then remove ppl from that role.
  • Options
    So you could just make a User Role of "Broke the For Sale Rules" and then disallow that User Role from posting in the "For Sale" category? Then when someone breaks the rules you can just move them into that useer role? Have I understood that correctly?
  • Options
    MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Exactly.