Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

some more xFunctions?

NickENickE New
edited April 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
The ability for a plugin/app to hook into a function remotely with the _before/_override/etc. methods is really cool, but unfortunately there's not much chance for use. I realize allowing these hooks is a performance cost, but I think Garden needs some more of them. In fact right now there's only like two.

Particularly, important (big) methods that only get called once would be awesome targets. E.g. PluginManager::RegisterPlugins, Dispatcher::Dispatch, (anything)::Render, (some modules)::ToString, etc. I noticed the core was pretty low on events in general, but even just a few well-placed ones would suffice.

Unrelated question: I'm in the process of making a menu/page manager application for garden (oo original... actually I wanted to generalize it and make some sort of module manager like drupal's blocks editor, but I'm still pondering how that could really work -- modules aren't quite as persistent or consistent as drupal's blocks).

Anyway one of the stumbling blocks I hit upon was the effective lack of unique identifiers for menu items. The url can be anything (e.g. sign in link), the group is often shared, and obviously the text can change. This isn't a problem for custom menus but for now I've just had to wall-off editing anything outside of visibility and ordering of builtin groups. Is there a possibility we could add some sort of identifier to menu items? Or are the limitations not a problem for people? (or perhaps there's another resolution for this?)