Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How To Install Vanilla 2.0

xu2stevexu2steve New
edited May 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
How to install vanilla 2.0?
does anyone get a image instruction?

Comments

• I have the same question can anyone please help. The instructions given is not complete and I have searched everywhere. My issue is when uploaded to the server and when trying to run the installer I only get a No input file specified page and everything i tried doing doesn't work. I tried running the forum on a shared hostd server and also on a VPS server and nothing just the same. Please help?

Thanks in advance....
  • RJRileyRJRiley New
    edited May 2010
    this is what i have done so far...fwiw, i have 1and1 hosting
    0.5 created a folder called forum
    1. uploaded everything into the forum folder
    2. added AddType x-mapp-php5 .php to the .htaccess file and moved the .htaccess file to my root directory
    3. changed permissions to 777 on config, uploads and cache
    4. navigated to www.mywebsitehere.com/forum
    5. received either an Error 404 or 500 depending on which way the wind is blowing.
    6. read the internet looking for a clue.
    7. gave up and decided to try posting here
  • I just installed Vanilla 2 RC1.
    I had an issue, first I only got error 500, this was random permission issues. The apache logs pointed out what files had too broad permissions.

Secondly, no matter what page I was on, I could only see the discussions page, not even the log in pop up would populate. I found it was something with the regular expression in class.request.php
    I hacked it to this in function _ParseRequest:
    $Expression = '/^'.str_replace('/', '\/', $this->_EnvironmentElement('Folder')).'(?:'.$this->_EnvironmentElement('Script').')?\/?(.*?)\/?(?:[#?].*)?$/i';
    $temp = trim($this->_EnvironmentElement('URI'),'/');
    if(strpos($temp,"dashboard")){
    $mymatch=substr($temp,17);
    }else $mymatch=substr($temp,7);
    // if (preg_match($Expression, $temp, $Match)){
    if ($mymatch){
    // $this->Path($Match[1]);
    $this->Path($mymatch);
    }else
    $this->Path('');

I'm not a coder and when I dabble it isn't pretty (see above!), so I'm just submitting the information for someone to have a look at the regex.

Cheers!
  • oh yeah, don't try the above at home! Think my install is relatively screwed anyway.
  • bah! i still can't get to the setup. if you have any idea what i'm doing wrong, please feel free to jump in at any time.
  • No matter what i do I get the same results ("No input file specified page")! I tried every method mentioned her and on the net with no resolution. I would like to try vanilla forum and from what I see here I would like to use it for the long run and even incorporate it into my existing site. Can anyone help please if there is a new method/way to install or even someone can make a "How to install vanilla forum 2 for dummies" I would greatly appreciate it.

Again Thanks in advance...