Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Using both PasswordAuthenticator and HandshakeAuthenticator (SSO) simultaneously

edited June 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I am integrating Vanilla into another application (not with dashboard/garden) where it would be useful to allow both Single Sign On's with our current application and also allow normal Vanilla forum sign-ups. What is the best way to do this? I was thinking that I would use HandshakeAuthenticator and create a custom Dashboard-Application that had a simple user Model that would be used in conjunction with our external application's users. For example (in pseudo code):

if(exists(ExternalApplicationUser)) {
SingleSignOnAccount->id = ExternalApplicationUser->id;
} else {
customUser = new CustomUser(form[username], form[password], form[email])
SingleSignOnAccount->id = customUser->id;
}
Is there a better way to do this?

Thank you.

Richard

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm not such an expert but it sounds like a great idea. Is there any out of the box solutions to make this happen? I could actually use something like that. travel insurance nz
  • Options
    I'm working on a new Authenticator that gives precedence to Handshake but falls back to Password. Still working out the kinks. Might be working by next week unless I go a different direction.