Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Changing Input Of Title of Discussion

edited June 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Im a bit of an amateur at this time. And I am confused on how i could change the users input from...

"Typing in a title for discussion"

To a set of choices eg,

Title: *user selects favorite color and there age*
Titles Displays as: 20 Year old - Green

ect... probably simple :/ but as i said, iv only just started tinkering with vanilla

Comments

• Options
    oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    Hmmm... I think this is not so simple.

First you might copy the file
    /applications/vanilla/views/post/discussion.php
    to your Theme-folder (under /yourtheme/views/post/) and then play around with the following lines (literally speaking to replace them with your new code):
    echo $this->Form->Label('Discussion Title', 'Name');
    echo $this->Form->TextBox('Name', array('maxlength' => 100));
    You may use here the Form-Function to add a dropdown-menu for "FavouriteColor" and a text-field (or another dropdown-menu) for the "Age". Then you would need to somehow match those two values together and build the Name-field of it.

One approach could be to have a hidden input-field named "Name" and just send the two values from your dropdown-menus via JavaScript to the value of the hidden Name-field... Just as an idea.