Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Feature request, expansion

bobthemanbobtheman
edited June 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
I love the invite registration setting, but i wish i could leave my registration type open to the public with immediate access, but still allow admins and maybe moderators also the ability to send invites. This is a great feature, its just restricted.

Comments

• and i would like to see an option to hide "register" links from the site is registration ruses are set to "invitations only"
    now i have completely private corporate forum, but if someone is visiting the site, they still can see "register" link, even though they can not register without invitation
    well, i can delete it from the theme but what if i will want to enable registrations time to time?
  • oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    @lukoie I posted this request on GitHub with the code you can use to achieve such a functionality. However, I understand that it makes no sense to remove the Register button but is more irritating for the users when they don't find any possibility to aplly for membership.
  • I like both of these suggestions :)