Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

One-click-upgrade or manually upgrade?

edited June 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello, I've used most of the free forum softwares out there (well, atleast 5 of them) and now I'm looking at Vanilla. It looks really good. I was thinking about when I need to update Vanilla. How is that done? Do I need to download a zip/tar-file and upload everything or is it a one-click job? Like Wordpress that got that "Upgrade Automatically"-link.

Regards Milkman

Comments

• I asked a similar question a few days back here: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/11218/built-in-updater/#Item_3

Basically, there isn't an auto-updater yet but it's in the works for Vanilla 2. Not sure at what point they'll implement it since we're at RC2 right now. Hopefully soon, though! As of right now you'll need to install all the files and if upgrading, upload over the existing files and go back into the conf/config.php file and enter in your database information.
  • actually it can be done via addons, not necessarily included in the core!
    someone can write addon some day for that...
  • I'm sure it could be, but hey, if they're willing to add it to the core (which I think is the best way of doing it), then by all means!
  • yeah, if we will hear soon from them...
    well, i'm here for a few days, and i havent seen anyone alive from the team yet...
  • oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    @lukoie wrote: i'm here for a few days, and i havent seen anyone alive from the team yet...
    You know, they take their weekends off, unlike others ;-)