Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

User list on side panel?

I'm very new to Vanilla, and I'm using version 2 RC2. I can't find an AddOn or a solution for this in the forums, and I'm not a plugin developer. I've been attempting to modify the Online Users plugin to do what I need it to do. I need to show their profile picture above their username in the side panel.

Has anyone been able to show a list of users on the side panel? Can you possibly share the code with me? I need this for a client.

Comments

• Options
    Oh, I figured it out. Thanks anyway!

I will probably post the code as an addon if it works out.
  • Options
    @Ellie Hey, if you were changing my who's online plugin it would be best if you could send me the code modifications so i can set it as an option.
  • Options
    @GaryMardell I actually just used the who's online plugin as a learning tool so I could figure out how to call the users table and make a module for the side bar. I wasn't specific enough in my original post, but what I needed was to list ALL users randomly on the side bar, not just the ones that are online. So I ended up not modifying yours, but building my own.
  • Options
    @Ellie Ah okay. If you don't mind can you upload it sometime, i would definitely consider making profile pictures on the whos online list an option. Your code would make my life easier.
  • Options
    oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭
    @garymardell Good idea! Would love seeing that in a next version of the Who's online-plugin.

Probably you can get some hints from the Gravatar plugin? ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    @garymardell Yup. When I get a chance, I most certainly will do that. :)