Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

I want to add ( bbcode ) to vanilla 2 ( plugin )

jadjad
edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello

I want to add ( bbcode ) to vanilla 2

I want ( plugin )

Please help

Good support

Comments

• Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    This functionality is built into the core. To enable BBCode, simply find your conf/config.php file and change
    Garden.InputFormatter to 'BBCode' (case sensitive).

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    jadjad
    edited July 2010
    I dont see : "Garden.InputFormatter"
    Please i want bbcode
    Very important
  • Options
    phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP
    Hi Tim,

Could you give us a more detailed guide to BBCode activation. I couldn't find a line saying "Garden.InputFormatter".

Thanx for help,
    p*
    • VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • Options
    TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    Garden has 2 config files. 1 contains our default settings, this file (conf/config-defaults.php) is immutable. Another contains customizations specific to your install. This is where you make changes and potentially override settings from config-defaults. This file is conf/config.php

Look in config-defaults.php and find $Configuration['Garden']['InputFormatter'] and copy the line to config.php. Change the value from 'Html' to 'BBCode'.

That should be it.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• Options
    jadjad
    edited July 2010
    Its working thanks but ( center ) its not working
    Discussions do not appear in the center !!
  • Options
    One problem I have with this is that it doesn't automatically resize images. The plug-in that's assigned to do that only works with HTML. Also, the center code doesn't work for me either and is it possible to have this post menu like on Vbulletin forums? Not Jwysiwyg but just with the codes showing. I would like to test that out :)
  • Options
    ToddTodd Chief Product Officer Vanilla Staff
    @jad, @Nimaveli. If you can add the [center] tag bug to our issue tracker that would be great.

If you want to have a bbcode menu like vbulletin then you'll probably have to wait for plugin for that.