Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

how to disable registration ?

edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
in a rc release i tested it was possible to disable registration what happened to that feature ?

Comments

• bump
  • Go to the dashboard, change registration mode to invitation, then go to roles and permissions and remove invitation permission from all non-admin users. Voila!
  • not exactly what i wanted but i can work with this
    the idea was to show a message registrations disabled or something like this
  • edited July 2010
    the idea was to show a message registrations disabled or something like this
    This may be a cheap way out, but you can create a new theme (if you aren't using your own already), and override the appropriate registration view. If you've set it up like @TiGR said (invitation only), you can copy:
    /applications/dashboard/views/entry/registerinvitation.php
    to your
    /themes/yourtheme/views/entry/registerinvitation.php
    and then just remove the form markup and put a custom message there instead.
  • TimTim Operations Vanilla Staff
    There is a feature called Messages. You can post messages on all, or only some, pages. Go to your dashboard, look under Appearance, and choose Messages.

Vanilla Forums COO [GitHub, Twitter, About.me]

• thanks for all responses :)