Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Notify

Comments

• Options
    Uploaded version 1.0.0 of Notify.
  • Options
    No errors great!
    However these settings won't stay on...
    --Notify me, when comments are posted in the complete forum
    --Notify me on new comments in the following categories

And this setting won't turn off...
    --Notify me, when comments are posted in my own discussions

***Later...
    and no emails received either :-(

***Later still...
    yup, got an email, spam filter caught it so I missed it

Posted: Wednesday, 23 May 2007 at 2:19PM

• Options
    Maybe you need to clear your cache, because the script.js needs to be reloaded
  • Options
    where is "script.js" because I am also receiving the same issues. No email, I have to refresh the page after subscribing to the forum for it to give me the option to unsubscribe. While in my personal notification settings, I click a box and the little Ajax graphic appears but nothing ever happens. I'll refresh and the setting was never changed.

The email does get sent though. Is there anyway I can remove the "subscribe/unsubscribe" lines from the sidebar and just make it mandatory that everyone gets the notification on their discussions, or discussions they are participating in (as in personal Whispered discussions?)
  • Options
    There's one small issue with your latest release. You've got two extra line feeds in both your default.php and ajax.php files. It broke the Attachments extension. Took me forever to find that the problem was being caused by Notify. Once I removed the line feeds, both extensions started working great! Otherwise, your extension works PERFECTLY! Keep up the good work!
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.0.1 of Notify.
  • Options
    Thank @Kick The Donkey the problem is solved with 1.0.1
  • Options
    Here is a question. Because I still seem to be having some issues. Should I delete the notify-related columns in the database since the information inside are from the old version? And just start that stuff from scratch? Would that help me?
  • Options
    The old database entries are completely compatible to this version, but you could try it with a second completely fresh installation
  • Options
    Also, I'm using Vanilla 1.0.3. Should I upgrade to the newest version?
  • Options
    is it just me who's getting this in the latest version?

Warning: Unterminated comment starting line 418 in /Library/WebServer/WebSites/alexastrov/public_html/forum/extensions/Notify/default.php on line 418
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.0.1 of Notify.
  • Options
    This version don´t works with rewrite-urls?
  • Options
    It is very easy to get the extension run with Notify, now I won't integrate it directly to the extension, maybe at Notify 1.1...

just open the extensions/Notify/ajax.php and enter the document root directly to the file

function SetNotify(Type,ElementID,Value,Elem,Class,NewText)
    {
    var ajax = new Ajax.Request('http://localhost//vanilla/extensions/Notify/ajax.php',

the http://localhost/vanilla should locate to your path to vanilla...
  • Options
    You know you could use the new function which Mark added to vanillas JS to work out the path correctly regardless of which url building system they're using...what's it called again...PathFinder
  • Options
    thanks minisweeper, I will take a look at it...
  • Options
    Uploaded version 1.1.0 of Notify.
  • Options
    works now with rewrite urls
  • Options
    you're amazing, hutstein :D any chance to have a default subscription upon application? =P
  • Options
    "any chance to have a default subscription upon application?" Yes! Can we please have this?
This discussion has been closed.