Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Signatures

Comments

• Hi!
    Hi there, I can't seem to get this functional on my forums. I have followed the instructions - i see where to edit the sig, but nothing shows up. Any suggestions?
    Yes, have U done this:
    Please note that this requires a very small modification to one file:

1. Open up themes/comments.php
    2. Find the line:
    $CommentList .= $Comment->Body.'
    3. Replace the found line with this one:
    $CommentList .= $Comment->Body.(defined('EXTENSION_IN_SIGNATURES') ? SignatureRender(@$Row['AuthUserPrefs']) : '').'
    I took this direct from the description/readme!

Tiggr
  • is there a way to limit the size or file type of images - a lot of my users are posting huge animated .gif images in their sigs to cause trouble
  • Heh, now you see the reason for KISS and this extension not enabling images by default. Hope someone can help you with that...
  • I don't think you can do anything on the server-side, as the images will be hosted on different servers. what you could do, if you wanted, is a) modify the html replacement in default.php to limit the dimensions of the image (eg. with css), or b) simply remove that regular expression/replacement pair all-together.
  • Hi!

What have I done wrong, if vanilla does'n show any signature after update?

I have remodified the comments.php.

Bye
    Tiggr
  • yeah I've lost them as well
    http://youchewpoop.com/forum

Now working!
  • What have you done, to get it working?
  • Strange, if I change 'comments.php' inside 'themes/colorful_sky/', it doesn't do any good, vanilla ignores this file. But changing it in the default 'themes/', it works!
  • sorry tiggr - I'd missed the replacement line above (thinking it was an adjustment to the extension itself)
  • When a user once defined a signature but deleted it afterwards, Vanilla still keeps adding the signature code to his/her postings although the signature is empty. I made a little screenshot to show you what I mean.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Is it a bug? Can we somehow integrate a check if the signature is not empty before adding the code to the postings?
  • Uploaded version 1.1 of Signatures.
  • ah yeah, so it is a bug. fixed now.
  • Mate give imageshack the flick and use something like http://tinypic.com/.
    They (imageshack) are full of annoying ads and pop-up as well as pop-behind windows these days.

Posted: Saturday, 3 November 2007 at 8:01AM

• I'm not entirely sure if I've just forgotten to do something or not, but I've installed the latest Vanilla (as an upgrade) and added this great little extension update too... But links are not working anymore in signatures. All I get is the 'url' code displayed as text. I did the modification to the themes/comments file as mentioned... have I forgotten to do something else? Any help appreciated.
  • Anyone help? Or has my foolishness thwarted us all?
  • this is really cool
    but is their anyway
    we can have a sig box
    so we can have writing in it
  • Isnt that exactly what this extension does? If you had a sig box would you insist on putting a new line on that every couple of words too?
  • Uploaded version 1.2 of Signatures.
  • I had meant to check this then somehow it managed to slip my mind...

but yeah, heh, that would be a bug in the updated regular expression. fixed now.
  • so what is the difference now?