Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

GeshiColor

ithcyithcy New
edited August 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
GeshiColor

Comments

• I'm having some problems with this otherwise great add-on. Some I've managed to solve.

1. Making ForcedBBCode Extension work with GeshiColor.
    Two things needed fixing in ForcedBBCode:
    ForcedBBCode is inserting extra lines inside code blocks, so even without highlighting it looks ugly with double lines. Fix: Add code to regular expresion '/<(script|style|code).*?<\/\\1>/se' (default.php line 198)
    Also, attributes have to be added to the ForcedBBCode parser for the code tag. That's in BBCodeParser.php. I'm not too confident on my solution, but at least it works.

2. Making GeshiColor work with special characters:
    When using special characters (¿,á,é,í,ó,ú,ñ...) in a message, not in the code, in the rest of the message, they come back wrong.

I don't exactly know why this is happenning, as the GeSHiFormatter seems to be only replacing the code blocks, so the rest should be left unchanged... I'm looking into which encodings are being used, but if you have a better idea or suspect some other thing, tell me, please.
  • How can I auto-highlight code, instead of having to click 'highlight'?
  • It doesn't work for me, I get some PHP not found errors in geshis settings.php
  • Confirm depi's problem. Can't seem to figure out why it can't see settings.php. Even tried making the $G_ExtensionFolder point to ., ./, and /extensions/GeshiColor
  • I would be very interested to switch to vanilla iff geshi plugin is fixed…
    Any recent news about that?

Thanks for the great work anyway…
This discussion has been closed.