Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Panel Order

edited December 2006 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Panel Order

Comments

• Looks like this extension isn't found by the Vanilla updater (this isn't the first and probably won't be the last, I keep checking...)
  • Just a caution not if I may. I tried this and it broke a few of my extensions. I had to rebuild them to get the extensions to work again. The extensions in question was Private Messages and Google Maps extension that it seemed to not like very much. And just to make sure it wasn't doing it to anything else I installed this on another forum and it did the same thing to the same extensions... Just to let you know...
  • That's probably due to the way the extensions in question format their panel->add methods. I think i've done all I can to make my extension play nicely with them but beyond that it's down to the extension authors.
  • Oh ok... Thanks... I made them work by commenting certain lines out. And they still work fine... Member Google Map Replace line 56 with from this: $Panel->AddString(FilterGoogleMap($Context,4); to this: // $Panel->AddString(FilterGoogleMap($Context,4); Private Messages Replace line 609 with from this: $Panel->AddString('<h1><a href="'.GetUrl($Configuration,4); to this:// $Panel->AddString('<h1><a href="'.GetUrl($Configuration,4); Basically just add the comment lines // to comment them out... But it still works...
  • Can anyone confirm that this works with version 1.1.x of Vanilla?
  • No reason it shouldnt I dont think...
  • Minisweeper, make guidelines for developers regarding how to place stuff in the Panel. u shouldn't to add any extension specific code
  • What do you mean schizo?
  • @Minisweeper: if I may make a suggestion: it may be worthwhile for you to consider, at some stage, changing the name of the extension. It seems to me that the 'panel' area that your extension refers to is called throughout these forums - and in other extensions - "the sidepanel" (not just 'panel'). The problem is, that if I search the add-ons website for "sidepanel", your extension does NOT show up in the results. Further, the name "Panel Order" reminds me of the 'how-to-reorder-the-tabs' problem that every second newbie to Vanilla wants to learn how to do, so even that can be mistaken as being about something else. Consistent use of the word "sidepanel" will make it easier for end-users to find your extension!
  • While I kinda agree with you, the correct reference for the 'sidepanel' in vanilla is actually the 'panel' (if you look in the code it's consistently referred to as panel not sidepanel) so although it may be confusing really that confusion has been introduced by incorrect usage on this forum and changing the name of my extension would only further this confusion (remember, ofrcouse, that the panel doesnt necessarily have to be on the side). What I have done though, is add a few more tags to the addons site, so hopefully it's now easier to find.
  • Had to make a lot of modifications... Guess you know your code better, so e.g. change line 86:
    include(dirname(__FILE__) . '/settings_category_list.php');
    Without dirname(__FILE__) my server declines access and other people's servers might do so as well.

The ReadMe.txt doesn't say anything about changing access of all listed extensions' default.php to 777, you could isnert that as well :)
    Some "fwrite access check" would be nice, with some debug output which extensions' default.php lacks the rights your extension needs. Took me quite some time to set everything up...

Oh, and you should consider writing
    unset$extensioncontents); $extensioncontents = '';
    Or somethign similar because my strict PHP is popping warnings/notifications up everytime :)
  • just as a little friendly sidenote : this addon busted my forum just like nothing :D
  • It breaks PFC extension.

chnages
    ----------------------

if ( !@$Configuration['PfcHidePanelLink'] && isset($Panel) && $Context->Session->User->Permission('PERMISSION_USE_CHAT') ) {
    $Panel->AddString('< h 1 >< a href="'.GetUrl(&$Configuration, 'extension.php', '', 'PostBackAction', 'PFC').'">' . $Configuration['PfcPageTitle'] . '< / a >< / h 1 >');
    }
    ----------------------

to
    ----------------------
    if ( !@$Configuration['PfcHidePanelLink'] && isset($Panel) && $Context->Session->User->Permission('PERMISSION_USE_CHAT') ) {
    $Panel->AddString('< h 1 >< a href="'.GetUrl(&$Configuration,1);
    }
    ----------------------
  • Ummm. Just wanted to bump this, because I am currently using Vanilla 1.1.10 and Panel Re-Order doesn't seem to work at all. I tried disabling all extensions, enabling Panel Re-Order and then re-enabling all of my extensions and when I go to the settings page, there are no panel items listed to re-order. I'm kind of a beginner when it comes to Vanilla, so I was wondering if the creator of this extension could edit it to work with the newest Vanilla? Thanks.