Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Thankful People

edited January 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
Thankful People

Comments

• What about the opposite, having an insult link too? That way people could have a nicer way of saying FU, and other people can ignore it.
  • haha, i actually downloaded this and changed it to "douche!" with a thumbs down. my friends and i are jerks.
  • I did the same thing...
  • Could you duplicate it, modify one and install it twice?

Posted: Tuesday, 6 March 2007 at 8:23AM (AEDT)

• Dont see why not aslong as you changed all the names..
  • Yeah, except package them together as a better addon.
  • How do you remove a "thanks" if you put it on the wrong post? If you can't right now, could you add that as a feature? Thanks!
  • I still want it as a feature, but to delete "thanks" from the wrong post, I went into the database table LUM_ThankfulPeople and deleted the row for that comment.
  • That would seem obvious too :)

But an insult feature would be excellent ;)
  • definitely.

maybe have two icons. thumbs up and thumbs down, then have the ability to delete your thanks/insult at any time.
  • Maybe a middle finger instead of a thumbs down :)

jk
  • I want to modify ThankfulPeople by limiting "thanks" to the first comment of a discussion in a certain category. Does anyone know how can i determine if: - some comment is the first of a discussion - the category id I have looked in the documentation and searched in the forums, but i haven't found anything. I don't know much about the framework ... :(
  • I will take all your suggestions into the next release :)
  • That's great news :)

Since you're so busy and have so many addons, you should really state what's going to be updated when. At least PMs you don't have to do much updating to, ty bschultz.
  • "Yeah, except package them together as a better addon."
  • Thanks for addon :)! Is it possible for you to add a function in your next release to 'remove' thanks you have left? Also, I'd like to add the thumbs up icon next to 'thanks' writing. What line must I edit? edit - Found out how to get the icon up there. Just incase anyone else was stuck: default.php: function Comment_ThankfulPeople(&$CommentGrid) { $Comment = &$CommentGrid->DelegateParameters['Comment']; if ($Comment->AuthUserID !== $Comment->Context->Session->UserID) { $CommentList = &$CommentGrid->DelegateParameters['CommentList']; $CommentList .= '<---------IMG TAG + URL HERE--------> <a href="./" onclick="ThankfulPeople(\''.$Comment->Context->Configuration['WEB_ROOT'].'extensions/ThankfulPeople/addthanks.php\','.$Comment->CommentID.'); return false;">'.$Comment->Context->GetDefinition('Thanks').'</a>'; } } EDIT 2 - Has anyone got a version with the code within renamed (so multiple versions can run?). I tried renaming myself but it keeps messing up.
  • anyone? :|
  • I have downloaded this add on, unzip + install it but nothing changes... Have I miss something ?

More precisely :
    - I have the number of thanks in my user account
    - I don't see where I can "thank" on a comment or in a discussion
    - Which permissions are required ?
    >>> I logged under another administrator and I could see the "thank" link. So some 2 points are linked...
    - Can I thank myself ?
    >>> after some tests, seems that I can't
    - Would it be possible to say when writing a comment if you allow or not such thanks ?
  • Has anyone seen this before? Doesn't seem like it would be caused by interaction with another add ons. This extension seems to work for others, though. Could this be caused by my own mysql server being funky?

Error Message An error occurred while retrieving data. Affected Elements ThankfulPeople.CommentGrid_InitThankfulPeople(); The error occurred on or near: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'on tp.UserID = u.UserID where m.DiscussionID = '10' ' at line 1
  • Any chance to have a new version of this genuine add-on in a near future ? If yes, what would be the changes Many thanks in advance