Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Nuggets Addon

Comments

• sjeeps. i changed the ID to numeric. so now if ur using foreign language the ID won't create problems like they were for Zero.
    those are the only changes.
    Oh wait don't upload the nuggets.php file. damn i forgot to remove it
  • Uploaded version 1.1.4 of Nuggets.
  • circuit thats something needs to be changed in Private messages extension. It uses different names for the postback and Tab name. that why the nugget isn't showing.

in Line 595 and 601
    Search for privatemessages and replace it with PrivateMessages.

also change inside Nuggets.php file if you already have a nugget set to display in Private Messages tab
  • thank you.

i noticed i couldn't get private messages to sit above the panel nuggets, no matter what weight i gave them. i just solved this by changing

$Panel->AddList($Title, 100);

to

$Panel->AddList($Title, 001);

in the private messages' default.php.
  • also, i tried to add a nugget including a file like this

{ include(TEMPLATEPATH . '/single1.php'); }

and got this error

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/.lock/circuitron2/www.copsandrobbers.net/messageboard/extensions/Nugget/nugget.php on line 1 Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in /home/.lock/circuitron2/www.copsandrobbers.net/messageboard/extensions/Nugget/nugget.php on line 1 Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CONSTANT_ENCAPSED_STRING, expecting ')' in /home/.lock/circuitron2/www.copsandrobbers.net/messageboard/extensions/Nugget/nugget.php on line 1

i guess that's cos of the quotes in the PHP... i wasn't sure how else to include a file though?
  • well you have to post it as php using the <?php ?> tags. you also will have to define TemplatePath you are using. It has to be a standalone php code.
  • ah ok, thanks.
    i have pulled my wordpress functions into vanilla so i was using that to pull in a template file.
  • Tried activating this extension, and I'm getting an alertbox saying "Problem authenticating your post information".

Any insights?
  • Hello all, Has anyone had any luck limiting a particular nugget to a specific category? I see each category has an id, CategoryID = #. It shows as a passed variable, URL/?CategoryID = 1, when clicking on a particular category from the categories page. Is this var accessible from the discussions page or elsewhere? Using "print_r(array_keys(get_defined_vars()));", I get the array of defined variables as: Array ( [0] => phpHTML [1] => Context [2] => Matches [3] => MatchCount [4] => HTML [5] => FullString [6] => i [7] => CurHTML ) If I can locate and parse CategoryID, I was thinking of something like: If ( isset (CategoryID) && CategoryID == 1) { nugget code; } If anyone has some var hunting info, or code suggestions I'd appreciate it. Thank you.
  • I recently installed this extension and have found it incredibly useful and easy to use. (I really should have known...MySchizoBuddy always delivers the stuff...)

I notice that Nuggets can contain PHP code which can actually interface with the Vanilla framework. For example one could display a user's name by adding to any particular Nugget:
    <?php global $Context; echo $Context->Session->User->Name; ?>
    I'm wondering if it's possible to add some PHP code that could list the last 5 discussion topics of a specific (hardcoded) Category? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
  • there is a code here that shows Latest 5 blog posts u can change that to show latest 5 forum posts not hard at all. that code is mentioned in the Blog extension. Category Specific Nuggets. yeah that can be done. I'm back home and I cannot run my comp which requires 110V. So when I'll buy a converter to 220V I'll add this to nuggets.
  • Hi Schizo,

I've a problem with a particular role, I'm not sure where it comes from. One of my users has moderation privileges so he can access the setting panel to review new applicants. It's the only setting he's supposed to have access to. He gets this error at the top of the page when he goes to the settings tab :
    Notice: Undefined variable: NuggetForm in ../extensions/Nugget/default.php on line 85
  • @ Zero
    Didn't I fix this in the new release? somone else had the same problem as well
  • /me covers his head in shame. Sorry, I was sure I had the latest version :/ I updated and now it works fine.
  • Anyone else having a hard time getting Google Analytics installed with Nuggets? I've tried to put it into my footer and it keeps coming up with uninstalled.
  • garvin have a look at the source code once u embed it. if the Google analytics javascript correctly listed, with correct quotes
  • Hey all, this seems like an genius Add-On, one thing I'm having trouble with is when I add a nugget to the side panel, it seems to add a <ul> around everything. So instead of being a proper <ul> in the side panel I get a mess of nested lists that messes up my margins and layout. Any insight in how this works so I can modify would be amazing. Thanks!!
  • Just use <li>'s in the textarea around your content.
  • Even when I remove all the html formatting from my content there are additional list tags, so I'm thinking it must be a default with the Add-On, is there any way to remove the <ul> tags
  • Is there a way to use css with nuggets? Putting
    tags and such seems to stuff up the placement on page.