Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

AddMember

edited February 2008 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
AddMember

Comments

• Just wanted to say this simplifies things a good deal. In fact it raises the question as to whether one could do more wiht it too: 1) Would it be possible to also assign a role straight away form the add member form? 2) I guess too that predefined attributes could be extended to work with this too. I'm not sure if your plug-in needs to have a delegate for the predefined attributes to hook onto? 3) How difficult would it be to view the newly created profile after entering a new user, e.g. the postback returns you to forum/account.php?ID=(new-member-number) or alternatively the success message in the postback returns a little more information, e.g. "New user <UserName> successfully created - view this profile" with link to the profile as described? I need to add further information, e.g. a logo via Account Pictures, and at present I have to switch to search first, then "search for" the new user, click on their name to return to the profile. A very roundabout way of getting the profile to show so I continue editing it as the admin. A direct switch to the new user's profile would simplify things greatly.
  • This add-on would be perfect for me, I'm forever being asked to set people up with an account.

By the time they get around to requesting one, they've cooled off and forgotten why they wanted one.

It would be good to "strike while the iron is hot" I think.
  • Thanks for the feedback.

I'm away from my office for the rest of the week but I'll look at adding the requested functionality as soon as possible.

I'm not sure about what you mean about 'predefined attributes'.
  • Great MightyMango - that'd be wonderful.
  • Uploaded version 0.6 of AddMember.
  • Beautiful! Make's life so much easier... thank you for taking up the suggestions...

Only one comment. Instead of $Context->Dictionary['AddMember'] = 'Add A New Member'; pleas use:

$Context->SetDefinition('AddMember', 'Add A New Member');
    That way we can localize it.
    The only other changes I made on my own setup was to comment out the Role Change Info and SendMail options (as we send a mail later).
  • sorry
    i have not been following this
    what is new in this newer version?
    jw
  • just read the description on the add-on page: http://lussumo.com/addons/index.php?PostBackAction=AddOn&AddOnID=321 Note to mods: Add-on link back to add-on page at top of discussion still not working.
  • Uploaded version 0.7 of AddMember.
  • Thanks jakob_r for pointing out that I should have been using $Context->SetDefinition. I'd already updated my other extensions, not sure why this one was missed.

The latest version defaults to not sending an email and if no 'Role Change Info' is entered the role change notes will default to 'Updated by the AddMember extension.'.

'Role Change Info' is ignored if the role is set to 'Member' or 'Unauthenticated'.
  • This is a fantastic add-on thanks MightyMango but after activating it, all the PageManager pages which I had set to "Tab hidden from navigation" suddenly all came back into view.

I hid them again but every time I call up the add-on, even if I cancel and don't actually create a member, the tabs come back.

Posted: Monday, 19 November 2007 at 7:46PM

• I use PageManager too but don't have any hidden tabs.
    I'll take a look and get a fix up as soon as I can.
  • Uploaded version 0.8 of AddMember.
  • using version 0.8 and posting the form, I get the complete vanilla layout with a blank content. No user is created. (the "Can create a new member" role is correctly checked). How to make it work ? Thanks
  • Yeah, I'm getting this same issue. I was working with Vanilla 1.1.3
  • Uploaded version 0.9 of AddMember.
  • A change was made in version 0.8 to fix a problem experienced by Wanderer where hidden 'Page Manager' pages where becoming visible when using this extension.

I've undone these changes.

@Wanderer: are you still getting this problem with this latest version?
  • In the email that's sent to the new user, it should mention something about the terms of service. I know how to change it on mine ... but it's kind of something that's overlooked a lot, and should be there by default.
  • I've got the same problem too. Mightymango if you know what is the problem? help me please.
  • Uploaded version 1.0 of AddMember.
This discussion has been closed.