Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

BufferTorture

DavidKDavidK New
edited October 2007 in Vanilla 1.0 Help
BufferTorture

Comments

• My host is media temple MT, and they use modzip on there severs already... so i'm thinking my pages are already gziped then right?
  • Probably, test it here: http://www.gidnetwork.com/tools/gzip-test.php I'm really using this extension for the ability to perform other tricks within default.php, gzip is just the most obvious generic thing to do for all installations.
  • Low-Cal Vanilla already do that.

@waynem: media temple allow that but you have to activate it I think. Add the following to .htaccess:<IfModule mime_module> <files *.js> ForceType text/javascript </files> <files *.css> ForceType text/css </files> </IfModule> <IfModule headers_module> <IfModule deflate_module> # Netscape 4.x BrowserMatch ^Mozilla/4 no-gzip # For browsers that pretend to be Mozilla4 BrowserMatch \b(MSIE|Safari) !no-gzip # IE5.5 and 6.0 has bugs BrowserMatch \bMSIE\s(5\.5|6\.0) no-gzip # IE 6.0 after SP2 may not have gzip bugs! BrowserMatch \bMSIE.*SV !no-gzip # Sometimes Opera pretends to be IE6 BrowserMatch \bOpera !no-gzip AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/html AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/css AddOutputFilterByType DEFLATE text/javascript Header append Vary User-Agent </IfModule> </IfModule>
This discussion has been closed.