Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Live Discussions

Comments

• My email's in my profile. A few people are having trouble with this but I don't have a great deal of time right now. I will continue to investigate though and there will eventually be some fixes. Just to let you know these comments aren't being ignored. @timefire: Updates are much easier than bug fixes so you can probably expect to see your suggestions added soon.
  • Invite sent. Thanks for the effort. :-)
  • @Mark W & NTChristian: When I looked at both your forums I noticed you had Low-Cal Vanilla installed. After a lot of fiddling around I think I have managed to make Mootools compatible with it. Try installing version 1.6 of the Mootools extension and let me know if that fixes your problem.
  • Uploaded version 1.6 of Live Discussions.
  • @timfire: The account page now displays the minimum. Also, in future, if you want to make any changes or add functionality just go for it. Once you're done and finished minimal testing on your site, just send me the patch; I'll test it myself and then upload the new version. Also, if I don't want to include your patch then feel free to fork the extension and release your own with the added functionality.
  • could this be extended to also refresh the list of discussions? EDIT: upon installing the latest version, i get this fatal error: Fatal error: Call to undefined function: getpage() in /path/to/vanilla/extensions/LiveDiscussions/default.php on line 172
  • Uh... it's supposed to do that already...
  • ok i wasnt sure if it was only with comments or not you really do think of everything don't you....
  • Oddly enough, to fix this you can either disabled then re-enable Collapsible Panel or just install the latest version of it. I think of some things but I can't take credit for thinking of everything. I mean for starters, timfire's fired quite a few suggestions at me.
  • works perfectly..
  • ok I take that back... i'm having problems with CollapsiblePanel and LiveDiscussions CollapsiblePanel doesn't really do anything LiveDiscussions - I get the same problems as NTChristian (but I dont have low-cal vanilla installed) here's what firebug says class is not defined - slidepanel.js - line1 class is not defined - live.js - line24 CollapsiblePanel has no properties - line21 LiveDiscussion has no properties - line25 and a few errors with firefox's nsSessionStore.js on line 1753 (something with sss_saveState)
  • Can I have a look at your forum?
  • OK, you seem to be having the same problem as Ø. The Mootools extension is adding the framework script and then it's somehow disappearing by the time the $Head object renders it. Ø's been very hepful and adding code to help me debug this but I haven't found the solution yet and it's not an ideal situation; if I can reproduce the bug then I will be able to fix it much quicker. So tonight I'll setup a fresh vanilla install and see if I can reproduce the problem.
  • I am looking at the add-on, too, because I wanted to see if I could extend it. However, on a local install, I only see "Live updates are off" in the sidepanel. Did I miss changing an option or doesn't this work on a local install?

I put it on my live forum and that on/off switch works.
  • It should work on a local install. If the button's not working, it's probably down to the javascript. If that's the case then either you're using a non-standard theme, IE 6 or you've got the same problem as fysicsluvr and Ø in which case I should hopefully fix it soon if I can reproduce the problem. Out of interest, what extensions do you have on the live forum that aren't on a local install?
  • The theme I use locally is vaneablack. And I use FF.

I have quite a few extensions that I test locally.

On-local and not live (* On-live only)
    -------------------------------------------
    AddEvent
    AjaxQuote
    BuyADrink
    * Category Groups 0.1.0
    Contact Form
    Countdown Calendar
    Custom Styles
    David
    Discussion Excerpt
    Discussion Pages
    Discussion Tags
    Dplayer
    Easy Settings
    Email This
    Extended Application Form
    Fade Anything Technique
    Filebrowser Thumbs
    Giftshop
    * Guest Welcome Message 3.0
    Hot Discussions
    ID Share
    Invite Only System
    * JQThickBox 1.1.4
    Live Search
    Meta Tags
    Mootools
    * Notify 0.2
    Panel Lists
    Preview Post
    Random Quotes
    Saved Searches
    Sidepanel Image Link
    Sidepanel Rotator
    Simplified Discussions
    Thankful People
    Userinfo Tooltop
    User Tasks
    User Wall
    * Vanillazilla 1.0.1
    Who's Online
    YellowFade Effect
    HeadMeta
  • I'm surprised it works on your live forum as there are known incompatibilities with it and Notify. I've just done a local install with only Live Discussions and Mootools and I can't reproduce the problem. I'll try Collapsible Panel too.
  • Uploaded version 1.7 of Live Discussions.
  • Please try installing the new version of this and Mootools and, fingers-crossed, that should fix the problem. I can't guarantee anything for jimw since you've got one hell of a lot of extensions. But if it still doesn't work then it's probably down to javascript incompatibilities and I'll fix that separately.
  • ok on the settings -> configure collapsible panel -> exceptions; the [+] button does nothing; but when I click save, it saves what's in the textbox.