Vanilla 1 is no longer supported or maintained. If you need a copy, you can get it here.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Vanbook

Comments

• okay great thank you.... btw if anyone likes the icons im using in the vanbook (image above) you can get them at http://www.iconarchive.com/category/system/snow-e2-aqua-icons-by-rade8.html, theyre free and you can dload them in .png format so they have transparent backgrounds (doesnt muck with the look when a discussion is highlighted) and .png works with the category icons add-on :)
  • Hey Guys.. I don't know if am just stupid.. ( I am new to vanilla) I am using the vanbook theme, but I cannot upload a account picture? I can choose it, but there is no button to upload it? It also show that default account picture on right - out of place?
  • you need to use the 'account pictures' extension
  • I **LOVE** this theme! Thanks so much! I do have one question, tho - I have been sifting through the css files, and cannot find where I would change the size of the member display icon in comments. I really need to make them display larger on my site. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it! Again - fantastic theme - great work!
  • @ Hamed

whats your forum?
  • Is this theme compatible with 1.1.5a?
  • Haven't tested it, but I guess it is not... yet.
  • great theme

Want to have the Panel at the right. Is it possible? In other Themes its just change the float from left to right - doesnt work here.
  • I have this theme running and modified slightly on xboxic.co.uk with 1.15a but I will soon be looking to change the width of the sidebar as it is only this which causes issues in IE6 and some screens with smaller screen resolutions.
  • It's a beautifully simple and tweakable theme. BRAVO!
  • Uploaded version 1.2a of Vanbook.
  • thanks for the amazing theme, works amazingly!
  • Uploaded version 1.2b of Vanbook.
  • If you are running Flickrizer along with User Wall extension, you will probably find that you have a little CSS error that allow the two <H2> tags to combine and messes up the layout a little, to fix this, do the following: Open: vanilla.css and locate: #AccountHistory { margin-left:320px; padding: 10px; } html>body #AccountHistory { /* ugly hack, but fixes display error in IE. */ margin-left:300px !important; } Change to: #AccountHistory { float: left; width: 435px; padding: 10px; } html>body #AccountHistory { /* ugly hack, but fixes display error in IE. */ } Then Find: #AccountHistory h2 { color:#000; font-size:11px; background: #D8DFEA; border-top: 1px solid #3B5998; margin:0; padding:5px 8px; } And change to: #AccountHistory h2 { color:#000; font-size:11px; clear: both; background: #D8DFEA; border-top: 1px solid #3B5998; margin:0; padding:5px 8px; } This will fix the error, it also works in IE :) Hope this helps someone
  • Just wanted to let you know that the #Comments Code appears not to function as it should by default by not breaking down the line of a long line of code making it extend beyond the border of the post making it invisible. Fixed by doing this in the vanilla.css file:

#Comments code { background: #EFEFEF url('code.gif') top left no-repeat; margin: 0 0 10px; padding: 8px 16px 8px 40px; display: block; min-height: 35px; }

Cheers for a most wonderful theme though, absolutely love it, as does my users.
  • Anybody know how to get the tab to extend the length of the text? Any category name over about 25 characters and the word extends beyond the blue tab and becomes invisible.

Vanbook - Category name issue
    Uploaded with plasq's Skitch!

I know that I can adjust the vanilla.css file on line 24 from:

margin: 10px 80% 0 10px;

to something like

margin: 10px 70% 0 10px;

and that will extend the box, but it does it for every single category name. What I want to see is for the tab to grow/shrink based on the actual category name. I did try setting the float to left instead of none and that helped a little, but broke some of the other formatting. Anybody have any ideas?
  • Also, it seems that this is not compatible with IE6; anybody have any fixes they did to the CSS to make it look right in IE6?
  • Hi! this is a great template, but how can I change the language direction from ltr to rtl with out any damage in appearance of the theme? adding a direction:rtl; line to the content tag of vanilla.css makes it good, but in the discussion list the "last active" area do not comes to the left of list and remains in the right, so the discussion name goes under that and is not clear. Thanks in advance
  • I fixed the problem, but something new happened: when i'm not signed in, discussions in the list appears like this: see this picture please: http://medicamin.googlepages.com/untitled.JPG but after sign in, every thing appears great. Please tell me what to do. http://medstudents.ir Thanks. ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I changed the theme. no need help anymore.
  • I am new to Vanilla, but I have done a bit of cut & paste coding in phpMyDirectory & ExpressionEngine. I am trying to figure out how to add a jpg in the (side) panel, under the StartNewDiscussion link. Could someone dumb it down for me? Thanks!