Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

VF.org UX: "Back to Discussions" looks like a button

LincLinc Detroit Admin
edited July 2010 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
"Back to Discussions" looks like a button and it's right under the comment box. I just hit it on auto-pilot expecting it to post my response and it threw me to the home page and boy was I confused what just happened. Probably not the best place for a button-looking "back" link.

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    PS: I had to try 3 times to submit this thread. The auto-save is borked and freezes the form.
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Re: autosave - we're getting a lot of reports about this, and we're not able to duplicate it on any of our systems (we've tried six different machines and every browser & version we can get our hands on).

We just can't get it to fail for us, so it's really hard to fix without being able to duplicate.

@Lincoln - do you have firebug? Can you see what response the draft save ajax call returns? Is the problem that it has disabled the "post comment" button while saving the draft?
  • MarkMark Vanilla Staff
    Give a hard-refresh, and you'll see the "Back to discussions" button change to a normal link...
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited July 2010
    @Mark Yup, got it to trigger by tabbing from title to comment box (or that's just when it happened to fire):

gdn is not defined
    - gdn.inform(json.StatusMessage); (post.js line 123)
  • LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited July 2010
    It successfully POSTed before it did that and got a response.

Also, editing posts has no save button. :) Was cached JS doing the popup, my bad.